Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figure some of you copper owners might be curious as to how it looks with black wheels (I've seen a few threads asking for pics but it appears they are non-existent or hard to find)

Black wheels just give things a beefier look, me like.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I'd been wondering about that as well. It looks pretty good but I think I like silver instead.  I've been thinking about a combo of black and silver or copper and silver or copper and black.  Perhaps black spokes with copper around the edges

I'd like to see a black frame with the same colors as that picture

·
Registered
326 Posts
That looks very good. Good job evil B.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
frayed said:
Not bad...  powdercoating the frame/forks/swingarm and other bits would look great.
The cost, work and outcome really doesnt interest me...Although it would look great, I'm really liking it mostly silver with tid bits of black here and there. Wheels, exhaust bracket, those plastic pieces, seat, headlights and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaycee said:
Evil that looks totally trick.  8)
Wait til' after winter when the gix front end goes on :D. Question is, should I go for a silver setup like the 00-03 750s or look more for the gold ones? I'm thinking the gold ones might be too much variation in color (copper,silver,black) so the silver 750 front end might look better colorwise.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Get the gold...it's kinda the universally recognized color of good suspension...whether it matches or not.

Does that make sense?

Kinda like Bronze Brembo calipers...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
  Get the gold...it's kinda the universally recognized color of good suspension...whether it matches or not.

Does that make sense?

Kinda like Bronze Brembo calipers...
Yes it does make sense. The gold gsxr1000 forks are more widely available too since they have been in production longer. I might offset it with a gold chain or something like that, but we'll see when winter comes.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gold even if it does not match. :)

G

·
I like it like that!  I would definitely keep the frame silver, and the silver forks even it out nicely.  I've been thinking of doing my wheels out of ease of maintenance alone.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
evilbologna said:
Yes it does make sense. The gold gsxr1000 forks are more widely available too since they have been in production longer. I might offset it with a gold chain or something like that, but we'll see when winter comes.
Will you be wearing the gold chain? Get some gold 16 tooth sprockets implanted in your gums intsead of teeth

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ShaggyZ said:
Will you be wearing the gold chain? Get some gold 16 tooth sprockets implanted in your gums intsead of teeth
Can't quite picture 16 tooth sprockets in my gums, photoshop anyone?

As for color of forks, it really will come down to the deal I can find when I have the cash. Gold would look sweet just cause, but silver would flow much better. But price comes first :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yea Im going to be coating my wheels whenever my tires crap out, main reason for cleaning them, had coated wheels on my GS and cleanging them was way easier then the rough stock crap. Just cant decide on what color I want though, black or silver, what do you think would look good on my bike.

Heres a good pick of my GS wheels.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
the wheels look great.
and i dont think you could go wrong with either color suspension goodies up front.
either way is an improvement.
:thumbup: good job man!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts