Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is that coolant reservoir hose impossible to get out? I have a 2003 sv650s and it's pretty hard for me to wedge it between all those tight spaces to free the hose and to drain the reservoir coolant

Is the reservoir coolant all that important? Can I just add the remainder of my Water Wetter stuff to the green coolant in there already to the Full line? The green coolant is already at the "L" level... so I was debating if I needed to flush the entire coolant reservoir or can i just be lazy and top it off with some water wetter? (I hope mixing two different types of coolants wouldn't produce bad results)

That hose is extremely difficult for me to pluck out...

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Is it me or is that coolant reservoir hose impossible to get out? I have a 2003 sv650s and it's pretty hard for me to wedge it between all those tight spaces to free the hose and to drain the reservoir coolant

Is the reservoir coolant all that important? Can I just add the remainder of my Water Wetter stuff to the green coolant in there already to the Full line? The green coolant is already at the "L" level... so I was debating if I needed to flush the entire coolant reservoir or can i just be lazy and top it off with some water wetter? (I hope mixing two different types of coolants wouldn't produce bad results)

That hose is extremely difficult for me to pluck out...
Disconnect the hose from the radiator and lower the end of it as much as you can and the coolant should all flow out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep Boss man is right, I did mine yesterday (new coolant and flush). Get a pair of pliers to pinch and move the clip at the radiator end then thread the pipe through to the other side of the bike so it is as vertical as possible from the reservoir to your drain pan

Leave the coolant bottle top on until your are ready and take it off when you are all ready.

If you have some gloves, use them my hands still stink of anti freeze :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts