Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what interesting bikes (not yours) have you gotten to ride?

my list... i get to ride a few different things occasionally for various reasons

impressed me:
harley night rod special
triumph tiger 800 around Iceland
hypermotard - a bit better than my dorsoduro
goldwing
90hp at the wheel superbike sv on track
wr250
f4i on track - not that the bike was amazing, but it was sooo easy to ride fast that it was rather eye-opening.
r1
ktm105 on a cart track

godmode (as in too much bike but I had to try it just to see):
kawi zx14
buell 1125r
ducati Diavel

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Most recently, I test rode a V-Rod. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It felt awkward but once I got used to it, it handled surprisingly well for a cruiser and had plenty of power. Slow speeds were a pain but overall, a nice choice if you like cruisers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ural w/ a sidecar - not that cool or smooth but just kinda fun for some reason
honda cb400 super sport - felt so tiny (i'm 6'4) but ran so well for an old bike. super sweet looking exhaust too!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
More dirtbikes than I care to list, anywhere from retro's to modern uber power 450's

04 ZRX1200r
75 CB400f
SV650n/s :naughty:
That's about it for "cool" the rest were just bikes, or worse than just bikes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My buddy bought a 2012 Vmax a few months ago. I took it around the neighborhood, but I loved it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
z50 - Nothing was cooler back in the day
Fatcat - cool
HP2 - not as cool as I hoped

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I had a Ninja 250, I was able to attend a Ducati Demo Day. Because I'm too poor to afford one, and don't have time to learn how to wrench on one, I copped an SV instead :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently got to ride a friends 2012 yamaha wr450f. I was amazed! Ive rode offroad for half my life and this bike was awsome! Btw, Mad, whats that dorsoduro like? Been drooling over that one a couple of months now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what interesting bikes (not yours) have you gotten to ride?

my list... i get to ride a few different things occasionally for various reasons

impressed me:
harley night rod special
hypermotard - a bit better than my dorsoduro
goldwing
90hp at the wheel superbike sv on track
wr250
f4i on track - not that the bike was amazing, but it was sooo easy to ride fast that it was rather eye-opening.
r1
ktm105 on a cart track

godmode (as in too much bike but I had to try it just to see):
kawi zx14
buell 1125r
ducati Diavel
Hey man how is the buell 1125 kinda been watchin on for sale n my area.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
836 Posts
Honda RS250. The bike was turning before you even thought about it
Buell XB9 R. Not sure if it had a warped rotor or of the sporty motor just vibrated that much on decel/idle.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
In no particular order....

04 Aprilia Mille RSV1000 on the track and street
Ducati 900SS with every upgrade imaginable on the track
06 Hayabusa
06 ZX-14 at the drag strip and street
08 ZX-10
06 ZX-6R (Last year of the 636cc engine)
08 Z-1000
Triumph Daytona 955i
06 CBR1000RR
06 CBR600RR
06 R1
V-star 1100
KTM 530 EXC with SM wheels
DRZ 400SM
WR250X
Harley Heritage Softail
Harley Road King
Buell Firebolt XB9R

I'm sure there's plenty more I've forgotten.

I still like my 750 more than all of the above bikes! :eek:ccasion14:

I REALLY want to ride a Ducati Streetfighter.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Honda RS250. The bike was turning before you even thought about it
Buell XB9 R. Not sure if it had a warped rotor or of the sporty motor just vibrated that much on decel/idle.
Probably the motor, that thing could rattle the fillings out of your teeth. What a crappy motor!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I've ridden the 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S, a bike I really fell in love with.

2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848, another bike I really like... probably even moreso than my Monster 1100 EVO.

2012 Ducati Diavel Carbon, a bike I didn't care for at all. It is fast as hell but not my thing.

My dealer has an 1199 Panigale demo finally so I think I'm going to hit them up for a test ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First real bike I got to ride on was the original 1972 Kawasaki Z1. My science teacher bought one and he took most of his class for ride around the block on the back of it.
I can't see that happening nowadays ! Anyway, I was hooked from that day on have been riding bikes ever since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the last 2 months I have been to yamaha, kawasaki, and suzuki demo events and rode all of their 2012 sport bikes. If I were going to buy one of them it would be the zx14 hands down. That bike is incredible, if I had a extra 15k laying around I would have stopped by the dealer on my way home from the demo and bought one.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
I rode my friend's Buell X-12. That low-reved, big air-cooled V engine sounded like it was going to explode anytime but the bike felt light, powerful and nimble.

Sent from my other shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
MV Agusta F41000 312R. Crazy day, there is a pic around somewhere on here, but I can't find it at the moment. It was great fun, although I felt like a chimpanzee in a space capsule. Never been on a machine that made it SO abundantly clear that is was far FAR more capable than myself. Everything on it just felt razor sharp.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts