Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i realy hate my bars on my naked and while im waiting to do my gsxr swap this summer id like to just throw on svs clip ons. All the parts i need from a svs are the upper triple and the clipons corect? or do i also need the lower triple?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don't even need a new upper triple. They are 41mm forks if i recall correctly. just make sure you get the appropriate sized bracket. it would be worth investing in the svs clutch cable and throttle cables. the extra slack can push / pull where you don't want and cause problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had no problems with N cables and SVS clip-ons. There is a little more service loop than necessary, but it works fine.

The differences in the top triples are:
the N has holes for bar risers, threaded holes on the underside for gauge mounting and is silver
the S has holes on the bottom for the clip-on positioning tabs and is black.

the N triple can be used with S clip-ons provided that you grind the tabs off the clip-ons

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so all i have to do is purchase the stock clipons andgrind off the tab then mount them? would woodcraft clipons work also?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
From my (limited) experience, stock clipons wont work with the naked top triple - the triple clamp bolts interfere with the clipon positioning. Other than that, the cables and brake lines will be a bit long, but should be fine. If you end up doing this swap, I'd be interested in picking up the handlebar risers from u, if youre getting rid of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
great point. i forgot about that. the bolts are in differend places. i cant recall if they are in the way, because i did switch to an S triple. i will have to check that out when i get home.

woodcraft clip-ons will actually work better for your application, because they dont have any rise, so they sit under the triple, and are not affected at all by the triple clamp bolts. They also have a thinner two piece mounting design that allows you to retain your stock headlight brackets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could i purchase the svs upper triple and svs clipons. then just mount the svs uper triple to my sv lower triple and then not have any problems with clearence of the clipons? would i have to modify anythign for this?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
In my opinion, yes, you can do this. The offset between the fork holes and steering head hole are a little different, but it works without bending the forks too much. Others will tell you otherwise though...

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
why not aftermarket cclip ons? I have had zero issue with my naked cables and vortex clip ons on my ZX6R front end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Look for someone going the other way and swap for his triple and clamps...that's what I did and the price is the cost of shipping the parts if necessary...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why dont you just get the woodcraft clip-ons? So easy to install.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm wanting to go from clipons to bars...want to swap? My clipons, top and bottom triple clamps, and clutch cable from my S for your handlebars, bar clamps, top and bottom triple clamps, and clutch cable...

Sounds like a plan! Let me know...

:vroom:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts