Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i just bought a 2003 650 for a really cheap price and couldnt turn down the deal but i dont really like the nakedness of the bike if someone could tell me about the pros and cons of converting to an s that would be great.what i want to know is do i have to chage the headight to a double can i keep the digital singledisplay what all do i have to change to convert or if it is even worth my time to do all this extra work?thanx

·
Registered
786 Posts
they have different top tripple clamps and a bunch of other stuff on the front. Why don't you just bring the bike to denver and trade me :?: :twisted: Also there are little things like a 45 tooth sprocket on the naked (44 on s) and 110 link chain on naked (108 on s) You'll have to get clip ons too. Seems like too much work to bother.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yah, best bet is finding someone who wants to convert to naked and swapping.

Otherwise you can always get an aftermarket fairing....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the advice but ive come acustom to the bike and have gotten comfortible with it,this thing is a wheelie monster,and if i want to get a new one i can keep this one for my wife orjust a second bike my new additions to this bike are a yoshi rs3 stainless slipon,new sv grips,chrome bar ends,carbon mirros,my next mods im goin to do in the winter is polish the swing arms so they look chrome a new rear shock probaly a gsxr 750,fender eliminator which i shoulda did very first thing,but i cut off like 8 inches so i can deal till i get the funds,a seargent seat so i can ride for longer than an hour without havin to stop,frame sliders,k&n air filter,power commander,thats all ive seen so far but im up for suggestions for more new stuff,i think my next bike maybe next year is goin to be the sv 1000,my friend just bought one and man the performance and low end torque that bike produces is definately a WIDOW MAKER. 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Things are really getting weird. I see posts from people wanting to convert fromS to naked and vice versa.
Why can't we just find the type of Sv we really want?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The other side is always greener and all that.

I rode a demo z750 the other week and went away thinking
"Gee that upright seat and wide bars were comfy... maybe I should convert my..."
Then I remembered I love my bike already ;D

Y

·
0 Posts
whitearchangel said:
Things are really getting weird. I see posts from people wanting to convert fromS to naked and vice versa.
Why can't we just find the type of Sv we really want?
Thats one of the great things about the SV... its a maliable bike for what you want... you can buy one, and change your mind! I decided to change my SVS to an SV for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because I could, and I was bored during the winter ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts