Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a 2001 SV650S, but I would like to know how difficult it is to retrofit it with the 650 headlight and other controls that might be different from the S. I'd like to strip the fairings, etc. also. Does anyone have any experience in this? The price is right, I just want it naked!

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
it's funny because a couple years ago when I started posting here, everyone wanted to go from naked to SVS.... wierd.

It's 100% do-able, you basically need the upper triple clamp, wiring sub-harness, gauges, headlight, handle bars, risers, turn signals, controls and cables.... probably some little stuff I forgot to.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I have just completed going from an SV to SVS so I have an idea of what I am doing. If you want the SV gauge panel you will need a SV upper clamp or you can drill and tap the one you got to make it work. As for the wiring of the SVS vs the SV. The SVS HAS a subharness the SV DOES NOT!!!. If you get an SV gauge panel you will need about 6-8 inches of the wring that comes out of the panel. Then you will need to cut the plug off the sub harness that went into SVS gauge cluster. From there you will need both bikes wiring digrams because not all the wires are the same color and some are the same color but operate different things. I have a good write up on tihs stuff so just drop me a line if you need be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts