Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace the screws that hold the controls on the bars. I ride an '05. My screws have rusted over-- I know i know. College student, no garage, getting an apartment with one next fall. I want to replace them now before I need to and they decide to break off.

Do any of you guys know the diameter and pitch of these screws. I would like to get black replacements-- not a big chrome guy-- and I am assuming I will need to get them off Mcmaster Carr. If you know of somewhere else to get them please enlighten me.

Chip

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am wanting to replace the screws that hold the controls on the bars. I ride an '05. My screws have rusted over-- I know i know. College student, no garage, getting an apartment with one next fall. I want to replace them now before I need to and they decide to break off.

Do any of you guys know the diameter and pitch of these screws. I would like to get black replacements-- not a big chrome guy-- and I am assuming I will need to get them off Mcmaster Carr. If you know of somewhere else to get them please enlighten me.

Chip
You can get them through either Oneida Suzuki or Ron Ayers (microfiche parts catalog), but I don't know if it would be more expensive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to prevent rust, which is the reason for the desired black metal. I'm not sure what type of metal this would be I just know that we had them at a die casting plant I interned at last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts