Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my new set off road attacks and I noticed the sidewall on the rear tire looked really strange. The sidewall is convex, not concave. In other words, they bulge out instead of going in. Kind of like a person with a big belly versus a skinny person sucking in their belly. The front tire looks normal like any other motorcycle tire, but the rear tire has got me worried. Any road attack riders have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hey guys. I just got my new set off road attacks and I noticed the sidewall on the rear tire looked really strange. The sidewall is convex, not concave. In other words, they bulge out instead of going in. Kind of like a person with a big belly versus a skinny person sucking in their belly. The front tire looks normal like any other motorcycle tire, but the rear tire has got me worried. Any road attack riders have any thoughts?

as long as your rear rim is stock and you got 160-60 on it and it was mounted normally and inflated to about 36psi then you should be good...

check the pressure (I generally added 2-3 psi over stock pressure listed on the chain guard)

if it is consistant on both sides of the tire and all the way around, it should be fine...

but since someone will say it anyway....
:needpics:

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
The contis tend to be physically larger than other brands of tires of the same size. I noticed that it seemed to take longer to get from one side of the tire to the other. I believe someone measured the width or the surface across the tread of the road attacks vs. some other popular brands and found that the contis had a larger surface area available for traction. I think it was in my review thread of the conti road attack front tire when I first mounted it.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
See... Now that's a good looking tire. I wish all tires looked this good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like this?

thats EXACTLY how mine look. PHEW! I was worried I got crap tires because I ordered from online. My front tires however dont look like that. They look like every other tire. Thanks for the help guys. BTW, I ordered from RideDirect.com and got them THE SECONED DAY AFTER I ORDERED!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, i got my tires put on today and wow what a difference. The bike just drops into turns. Going to the mountains this weekend. I will be sure to take it VERY easy up there. Any advice on prepping them before I go?

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Scrubb it in good before you go lean crazy on it.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
after about 100 miles, you're good to go.

it's heat cycles that are important.

·
Banned
39 Posts
I would just like to say that i stand by conti attack tires, I too was a lil skeptical when i first got mine. I didn't think it looked weird or nething, just always a lil wary of ebay stuff. But its a great tire, Tons of tread, Deep grooves i think it will last almost twice as long as the stock dunlop that came on the bike. I think i put like 3500 miles on it so far an i think i could prolly get another 2k out of it. The words conti attack are worn off but theres at least a heavy 1/4 in deep into the grooves left. The way i use tires i wont change it tell the threads are about showin, or its so flat i can't lean nemore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
after commuting back and forth to work and running to the liquor store, i can definitely say that these tires are awesome! I had michi roads on my sv1k, and diablo stradas on my last zed. These tires are fantastic! For the money, they cannot be beat. 223.00 shipped. got them in 2 days.

Im running 36/42. the conti tech manual said 2.25/2.5 bar or something, but what the truck is a bar!? the tires were originally inflated to 40/40 by the tire shop. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
after commuting back and forth to work and running to the liquor store, i can definitely say that these tires are awesome! I had michi roads on my sv1k, and diablo stradas on my last zed. These tires are fantastic! For the money, they cannot be beat. 223.00 shipped. got them in 2 days.

Im running 36/42. the conti tech manual said 2.25/2.5 bar or something, but what the truck is a bar!? the tires were originally inflated to 40/40 by the tire shop. any suggestions?

I found I liked 2-3 psi above the stock numbers was about right for me...

it depends on your riding and the wear you experience.. but generally a touch above stock on the older road attacks was good...

40 40 is a fair bit too high for the front and slightly over for the rear...

try 2-3 over stock and play from there..

check your tire pressure change after a ride... it may give you an idea if you are too low or too high.... but generally that trick is best left for the track... I found a couple over stock was good

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I run 34/38. I also am not very scientific about it. Check every couple days depending on weather and garage time. Where it set now feels good to me but I don't do any commuting just leisure riding. Don't care about extra mileage (I get 42 mpg, good? IDK and Don't care) or extra wear. If I get 7K out of a rear I will be happy if not looks like I might try a different tire next time but don't want to sacrifice handling comfort. So far feels pretty darn good for $50 less than a PP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts