Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried our wonderful search and nuttin!! sorry Nex...

so, has anybody switched from the Road's to the BT016's??

i'm trying to get more miles from the rear...

how do BT016's compare traction wise to the Road's??

anybody??

;D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hey Weasel,

I switched from the contis to Pilot Road 2cts. So far, I'm experiencing better handling and tire life (up to 8,000 miles on the rear and was lucky to get 6,500 on Contis). That said the Michelins were expensive so I am considering the BT021s which is suppose to be a higher mileage sport touring. The BT016s are more of a street/track tire.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Joel..

i get around 8-9K out of a rear now ['course, the tread center looks like a pencil line], but, i get that da%n flatspot in the center...

is there any 'transition' 'tween the rear compounds??

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, Sport Tour sells pretty much at interweb $$, i figger if it's $1-2 difference, keep it local, cause freight is gonna cost $6-9+, so....

i just priced a rear Road Attack from them for $131, Iron Pony is $129, i'm gonna check on these Bstones, prob the 016's, well, we'll see what Gerard has to say, not gonna get them yet, a week or two.. i want to 'ride' them before i get to the Gap and points south... i don't want to be SUPRISED about grip!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've tried Conti's and Pilot Power 2CT's at the track. The Conti's had good traction, but came off in chunks. Riders behind me weren't pleased... The 2CT's are nice. Great traction, and good tread life. My next tire will be BT003's. Not on the store shelves where I'm at, but a "friend of a friend" has a source... ;). I'll post results.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm not a trackday guy, yet, i'm just looking for a tire that won't flatspot the center yet still give good grip for those excellent Ky roads.....

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Just to throw in another choice, The Pirelli Diablo Strada's have lasted me 8000 mile so far, and probably have another 4000 to go. And no flat center tread, and probably 7000 of those 8000 miles are freeway commuting miles.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
tried our wonderful search and nuttin!! sorry Nex...

so, has anybody switched from the Road's to the BT016's??

i'm trying to get more miles from the rear...

how do BT016's compare traction wise to the Road's??

anybody??

;D
You want to get more miles from your rear tyre.

Road --> sport/touring tyre
BT 16 --> sport tyre

With a sport tyre you always get less miles than a sport touring tyre.
If you want more miles get a sport/touring tyre and not a sticky sport tyre.
The BT14 on my bike was worn after 2500 miles ;D

·
Registered
433 Posts
my bike came stock with BT016's and although the grip is great, the rear is almost done after 5k miles. that doesn't sound too bad for a street/track tire, but i'm a lightweight and don't pull any wheelies or do much full throttle acceleration.

just got my Pilot Road 2cts in the mail, $276 shipped! can't wait to try them out, but i think i'm gonna run the bridgestones for a few more weeks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Weasel, thats actually why i was asking. Sport tour was supposed to have a pretty good deal on a truckload of 16's they bought. Good guys, good service. I was gonna recommend them if you hadn't heard of them!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i may go with the BT021's, dunno, i'll see what they think.....

yeah, the guys at Sport Tour have been cool with me, been on a couple rides with one of the owners, he's an ok guy!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts