·
MOTORADOR
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations JuiceBox744, winner of January 2017 SV of the Month

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just logged in and saw my bike on the cover. cool ! Didnt even know i was up for the title.
Thanks guys!
Now if i ever figure out how to get my photobucket pictures to imbed in a forum post, ill do a build thread on the 2011+ GSXR subframe swap and fairings, and all the other neat mods and customizations i made. I did 100% of the work myself and im proud of how it came out. (even painting the tank... It was an 03 blue naked when i got it). i must say thank you to everyone on the svrider.com forums. It was a valuable resource to have when creating alot of the mods.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Just logged in and saw my bike on the cover. cool ! Didnt even know i was up for the title.
Thanks guys!
Now if i ever figure out how to get my photobucket pictures to imbed in a forum post, ill do a build thread on the 2011+ GSXR subframe swap and fairings, and all the other neat mods and customizations i made. I did 100% of the work myself and im proud of how it came out. (even painting the tank... It was an 03 blue naked when i got it). i must say thank you to everyone on the svrider.com forums. It was a valuable resource to have when creating alot of the mods.
On Photobucket, you go to the image you want to use and on the side where it says Share Your Photo, you click the IMG link to copy it to your clipboard and then paste it in your post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you chicken.
I actually finally figured it out yesterday after playing with it for 30 minutes. I was trying to copy and paste the link for the "URL" image, and it wasnt working. I finally got it to work when i copy and pasted the link for "direct" image link.
So now that i can imbed high quality images, i can show everyome the nuts and bolts and custom machined brackets/braces/supports for the subframe, fairings, and everything else.
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
The tail is a current generation GSXR 600 subframe. The bolt holes dont line up properly, so it required quite a bit of machining to get it to fit right. The two upper subframe holes are lined up with the frame, and the bottom holes are supported via a set of custom machined riser brackets that attach in the holes and then "kneel" against the frame. (Confusing, i know. But ill do a write up when the weather gets warmer). Then i took the original tank side plastics and modified with fiberglass and repainted to cover the brackets. The seat is the original SV seat (the GSXR seat was way to short). There are brackets under the seat the bend the seat pan flatter so it forms properly to the new subframe. I also fabricated a larger battery box as the GSXR battery is smaller than the SV's, and i wanted to keep the larger battery to turn over the big vtwin pistons. The battery is a gel matt type thats layed sideways, and the back mounting flange on the tank was trimmed a bit before painting to allow for a better/closer fot of the subframe.
Its all very confusing without pictures, but i will post a how-to when the weather warms and i take my bike out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts