Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
just wanted to share how this bike came about

bought new in 2007 (no pics), and promptly dropped, had to switch the tail, hence red tail (bike was originally blue), here it is with autozone fart cannon exhaust welded on, got a red fender hoping it would help the mismatchyness a little bit, but made it worse, especially with the gold rim tape

replaced exhaust with Leo Vince highmount, still my favourite exhaust so far, did the gsxr front end swap to match the rear zx-10r shock and much happier

did a bunch of work, added the gp pro exhaust, that thing is LOUD without the baffle, gsxr rear wheel swap, powder coated both wheels dark grey, DID chain with driven sprockets, found a set of Gilles tooling rear sets, oem chin spoiler, purchased levers from a member on here and new top triple clamp from a member on here (awesome work btw)

and then finally broke down and took the bike apart and got everything painted, its a porsche color called sport classic grey, paint code is L63A for reference, also changed the front headlight to dominators, installed the oem gsxr steering damper and a shorai battery

there's still a few things I still want to do to the bike, but I think its mostly...almost... finished? (famous last words), I'll probably end up keeping the bike forever, its been fun and exciting and definitely a learning experience for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great! Love that color with the black frame. Thanks for the story behind how it came to be. It's always awesome to see how someone makes a bike their own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the clean look, very well done. I've started a gallery of project bikes to put together some ideas for a future project bike.

Is there a thread with a parts list? That is, what year are the forks, and the like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the clean look, very well done. I've started a gallery of project bikes to put together some ideas for a future project bike.

Is there a thread with a parts list? That is, what year are the forks, and the like.
Thanks! I tried making a thread a while back but its lost on the forum somewhere, I only do updates to the bike like once a year and usually its just small stuff that needs to be fixed.

the front end and rear wheel are from a 06 gsxr 600, im also using gjscott's top tripleclamp and nucular's gsxr steering damper adapter, the 06/07 600/750 swap is pretty much bolt on if you have all the parts

for the rear wheel im using zoran's gsxr rear wheel swap kit with a 520 DID chain and flipped Driven front sprocket, also currently running a 190 tire but going to switch to a 180 soon when the tire change is due

1 - 11 of 11 Posts