Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can access SVR at work, but not at home. I don't understand it.

Since Thursday, I cannot get onto SVR with IE, FF, or Safari on my home computer. I haven't had any problem with any other web sites. The problem message I keep getting is that the server is taking too long to respond.

Can anybody help me out?

G

·
ipconfig /release will release the IP address that your computer was assiged

ipconfig /flushdns will dump any DNS records that are cached on your computer and request fresh DNS lookups

ipconfig /renew will force your computer to request a new IP address from the DHCP server

Although you can run these commands directly from the "run" box under the start menu, they'll flash and disappear so quickly you won't have time to see what happened. To be able to view the output of the commands, you should run them in a DOS shell window.

To accomplish this, click 'Start' then click 'run' and type 'cmd' in the run box. This will open the DOS command window, and that's where you can execute [evo]'s commands and be able to see the results.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
G

·
Not that I'm aware but as a test it would certainly identify a corrupted DNS record in the cache. Corrupting or hijacking DNS is a very common method used in malware today.

Did SVR's site recently change IPs though? I still don't see how that'll fix the issue... *shrugs*

G

·
Windows retains copies (a cache) of DNS requests. They can get corrupted on their own (or by malware). It's not a bad idea to instruct Windows to flush those cached copies now and then and to make fresh requests.

+10000. This would show the issue as being a DNS resolution issue but I'm still lost on the DNS flush lol.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
My diagnosis: You watch too much Pr0n.

I'll have to check tonight and see if I can hit SVR from home. I haven't been on a computer much all weekend.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
what happens when you try to access it at home? Just 404 error or "page cannot be displayed" and are you able to get to other sites?
:)
I haven't had any problem with any other web sites. The problem message I keep getting is that the server is taking too long to respond.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts