Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a ton of excellent experience and preference. I am looking for opinions and preferences in order to help me a somewhat educated replace tire choice for my 2000 SVS. I currently have a set of Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa. They are race scrubs and have been wearing well in normal urban riding. I will have to get a new set by at least mid summer, so I want to get started on the project.

So lets hear what you think.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Merlin- Check out the sticky tire thread at the top of the page in the main forum, it is a great resource for personal experience, riding style, and price in relation to tire selection. Tire threads run rampant and i believe you might have a better experience checking out the described thread then waiting for replies on this one. :)

Here is the link http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=98560

Even though operating the search function can be tricky, give it a try it should pull up some very thorough threads

·
Registered
265 Posts
Any tire will do fine. You want cheap? Go Shenko. You want long lasting? Go Pirelli Stradas (it's what I run).

You really can't buy a 'bad' tire.
how many miles can one expect from a Strada rear?? i currently have a regular old diablo and its showing cords with just over 6K. i installed it in july. but i have been riding on the highway a lot over the winter with less pleasure riding through the corners. so it would have lasted longer in better riding conditions. i'm thinking of getting the strada with hopes of at least 8-9K. how long do yours typically last?

·
Registered
117 Posts
BikeBandit.com ....buy a set of BT016's. I just put some on and they are awesome. Great grip, very stable and easy transition. Oh yeah and they'll only cost you $226 shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts