Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Would you like an automatic rev-matcher on your bike?

• Yes.

Votes: 31 16.6%
  • No electronic nannies, please.

Votes: 156 83.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
The slipper clutch on my Duc worked really well to ease the rev matching and was actually a lot of fun to play around with. It came in handy on the track, but definitely isn't something you should have to rely on.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
no, because it's actually easy to do on the bike. It's nearly impossible to heel-toe in some cars, because of the ****** placement of the pedals. It's not like they're adjustable for distance either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no thanks and i wouldnt put it on the Z either i love to shiftlock drift they are just so fun. of course i had a ae86 to do it in.

·
Registered
717 Posts
How many people actually rev match their cars? What the crap did we invent synchromesh for? lol.
I do, but it's really more for fun than anything.

For the bike, I say no, only because I don't want to pay for it, adjust it, or have to repair it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
on a similar note, the BMW s1000rr has HP Gearshift Assistant for clutchless up-shifting as an option

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I think if an automatic motorcycle gets a person on two wheels that's a good thing. ;)
I think it depends on the type of person.

I dont need something to match the revs for me on my bike or my car but something to prevent overrevving, as someone else mentioned, I would be cool with.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I don't get the heel-toe thing. How many here have ever been in a situation in which this is needed?

I've owned a WRX (with a V-2 setup, VF22, etc) and recently sold my EVO 9, and I can't say I've ever HAD to do this. I've even participated in road rallies. What's everyone been doing on the public streets?

OK, so I'm going into a sharp turn... let's say I'm going downhill a narrow mountain road. I brake to scrub off extra speed (since I should know how my car handles), downshift right before the turn and accelerate out of the turn.

What am I not getting?

tk

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Two months ago I would have voted no. But after test riding an S1000RR with shift assist, I say bring it on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its been said quite a few times before in this thread, but I don't think that it's all that necessary on sportbikes. Correct me if I'm wrong?

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
I watched the posted video of the BMW 1000rr. See, if you are totally into drag racing thats one thing and it would be great. I wouldn't find it to be necessary for roadracing or street riding. I like shifting unassisted.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
When I down shift aggressively, I do it on purpose.

Needing a device to help you rev match means you do not ride enough.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts