Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im 17 And from the uk, i got the mod 2 of my test in a couple of weeks and looking to get an sv after if i pass. Just wanted to know your views on the sv as a beginners bike and any little mods to do for a stock bike to make it better? Have seen one in a local shop 2005 pointy completly stock and looks brand new for £2000, 20,000 miles on the clock is that a good deal?

·
Registered
298 Posts
First of welcome to SVR. This is a great community for information and is filled with great people. I started on my 05sv650s when i was 15 and I still love it (21 now). just take it slow and easy and you'll be fine. Just like any bike you have to respect it otherwise it will bite you in the butt. As for the bike at your shop Im not sure as Im not familiar with currency rates. Price will all depend on how common they are in your area. I dont know how the shops are where you are but in the states we tend to stay away from the dealerships as they usually price their bike way more then they are worth. Just my .02 cents though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply, well in uk we have a 33bhp restriction for first 2 years so will give me time to get used to abit of power before going full power, well sv do seem to be hard to get hold of, see a few around but never any for sell, also do you know where to get the lower fairing? As one at shop is just stock prefer the look of fully faired but cant seem to find the lower fairing?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Google sv650s lower fairings there are several different styles. Some are pre painted other require sanding and painting. Mine are a oem kit. I cant remember who I ordered mine through though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
That would be almost $3,300 US Dollars. Is that 20,000 miles or Kilometers? If that's kilometers, that would be 12,427 miles, which would be around an average price for one in good condition in the states.
If that's 20,000 miles, then that price would be on the high side, but as said before, a dealership will have higher prices. And like you said, you have to take into account how easy an SV is to get over there also.

Have you been to sv650.org ? That's primarily a UK site, and they have forums over there as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for replys, and yeah its 20,000 miles, i thought it was a little high but yeah like you say it is dealers, will deffo try bring him down as low as he will go, and cheers will check out that site. About the fairing i done that but couldnt find any in uk plus was hoping to get painted ones which i couldnt find either

·
Registered
203 Posts
From what I've read the sv650 seems to be well-liked among the restricted bikes. It has a lot of torque down low and because the restriction is on just hp you really don't feel a difference until the mid-upper rpm range (ie: when the bike starts making 33hp). So it should be great for cruising around town. The only concern I would have for a beginner is if they are still learning the controls having all that torque at low speeds can penalize mistakes but as long as you have the basics down and you can be smooth you should be fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i been riding a geared 125 for 6 months so got basic clutch control sprted :) and yeah round town is mainly what im using for, just work and back (which is like 1mile up the road like 2 mins on dualy) and just down bike night on a tuesday :) maybe in future start going long journeys maybe into europe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts