Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been months in the works but this next weekend might be the end of the paint project. Can't wait too get it all back together. Will look interesting I think. Not perfect like Mickey Harris flames but I think I can live with it. Here is my hugger minus the clear coat. Finishing all airbrush work before clearing anything in case I want to modify something at the end.

The only thing is I am getting a little more crarried away with amount of flames and it will dominate the blue... it'll be hot for sure  ;D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nice! I like it. Hurry up and finish it so I can drool. Are you doing just the bottom plastics like mine or the whole bike? That would look awesome on a flat black paint job with the front fender, belly pan and rear hugger done in the flames. Mmmmm. I have an idea for next years rally! lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very nice work. Where are the pics of the bike?

Grav.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the compliments... I have a first gen SVS with 2WJ full fairings... I am about 75% done with airbrushing now... trying to finish that up this week so I can clear it by this weekend hopefully if weather cooperates... I should have pics of whole bike in next week ok two and will post them 8)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wacky_woodchuck said:
Come on... hurry up and get done... so you can actually ride with us again...   ;D

Looks good...   ;)
thanks... I am trying man... I am REALLY trying. I have been like a crack addict in rehab lately as I see this awesome weather go by with nothing to ride. I think my ebay account has had 5-15 bikes in the watch list for months now... had thought about getting another bike to get me by until SV is all done and maybe to fix up for resale but hate to drain my bank account right now because don't know if home is going to need main drain work or not :mad: But, if I can get another day or two of low humidity for the clear coat... may be done mid to end of next week. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DrummerDaveB said:
When you finish, can we start calling you a "Flamer"?
;)
:D flame on... I am confident enough in my manhood that I can endure that :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
That looks really good! It's nice to see someone who can actually pull it off. It seems like there are so many horrible displays of failed attempts to paint flames (and some owners don't even realize it).

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That looks absolutely magic. Not sure how it'll look on the full bike- though I realyl want to see it- but the hugger's superb.

·
Registered
653 Posts
looks like lightning. I bet the clear coat will bring out the depth of the flames. In any event, that's one unique SV. Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
algreen said:
looks like lightning. I bet the clear coat will bring out the depth of the flames. In any event, that's one unique SV. Cheers :)
yeah... started out going for realistic look and ended up with something that was more stylized... hoping the rest of the stuff ties it all together enough that it will get the point across... just finished all my airbrushing I think... now I am left with clear coating. Here is my fairings... think I went overbaord with the flames still but... it was kinda fun and I say can it's "hot looking" now :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm not a big fan of flamed paintjobs, but wow dooood! You have some pretty sharp painting skills!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theoldguy said:
I'm not a big fan of flamed paintjobs, but wow dooood!  You have some pretty sharp painting skills! 
thanks... much appreciated... I have done0 jackets, posters and a couple murals but this was my first time painting something with so many curves and it made it pretty challenging

·
Registered
73 Posts
daym... i usually dun like flames... but that looks GOOD! expecting it to look HOT! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys... I was just trying to avoid the flames looking like something off a hot rod or a chopper and that is what I came up with.

·
Registered
687 Posts
well is it all together yet? i want to see itall done looks good man :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
coyote said:
well is it all together yet? i want to see itall done  looks good man :)
thanks...nah, not together yet... i still need to lay down the clear coat. If humidity stays low this weekend... may get it done then and will put it together next weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts