Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for more comfortable of the handlebars? Currently I have a set of what I think are the "clubman" type bars that the previous owner flipped upside down.

I am looking for an upright comfy riding position. I am not into racing at all.

From what I could such on here the Bikemaster daytona bars look pretty cool, and look like they would have a nice upright position. But I could not get a consensus if all the cables need to be lengthened if I went to this type of handlebar.

Also My grips were hideous when i got the thing so I bought some red and black pro grips from a shop. I figured they were universal but the one on the throttle does not fit all the way on the gray plastic piece on the throttle side (It lacks about an inch or 2 from fitting all the way flush). Also I got some bar end mirrors that need to go on, so do I just have to cut the end of the grips out?

I am new to all this and tried to do as much searching as possible but had to end up bitting the bullet and making a post.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have tall bars. I think they're about 2" up and towards the rider of the stock bars. I also have stock bars, Coerce low hyperbars and SM1 bars. Well, I guess I also have aftermarket clipons, but I've never installed them. The SM1 bars are the most comfortable for me, although they're rough on my wrists if I get tense like I tend to do when I'm in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If you have the stock naked model cables the bikemaster daytona bars will fit fine. I rad a set of them for about 2 weeks and stock N cables worked fine. I went back to my suburban machinery bars because it turns out I like being down low.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the stock handlebars, the previous owner raised them about an inch though so I'm not leaning forward as much - I think they're pretty comfortable at 5'9".

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics of stock bars?

I have a 00 naked. Problem is whoever had it before me did all sorts of mods that I don't like so I am trying to get it back towards stock. Then I try to look at pics on here to see what "normal" is supposed to be like, but no one has anything stock anymore :)...

Are the bikemaster daytona bars more like stock or they taller shorter? Kinda looked through the classifieds but the only handlebar action in there are for the clip on kinds which is polar oppisite of what I want.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Bikemaster Daytona bars are about 2" taller than stock, and a little wider. They'll fit with just a little fiddling around with the cables and brake line. Bikemaster also makes what they call a 'G.P. touring bar" which is about 1" taller than stock, and again a little wider. I've had both on my '04N; I can't decide which I like better, but each of them are more comfortable (for me) than OEM bars.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Go to a dealer and sit on a stock SV Naked. You'll know immediately if that's what you're looking for or if you need something higher and closer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts