Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!:D Been lurking for ohhh.. a while but I figure now I have something most of you can appretiate.
So It took 4yrs with my old bike as my only transportation (roughly 60k mi.)and over 8k mi in 6months on my current '07 SVs but it I finaly laid it down.
The Ride:
I live in Palmdale CA and work in Topanga. It was a nice morning, so on my commute in today I decided to go up and over the crest instead of taking the 14. It was a fun ride over and I only had to pass 2 cars on all of AFH/ACH (nothing out of the ordinary yet). I hop on the 210, and freeway it to the Topanga exit (still doing just fine). At this point I'm headed up Topanga, about 70 miles into my 75 mile commute. I'm at the first left sweeper just as you leave the residential area, right at the mobile home park. Mind you, I'm usually going.. uhm... a little bit qicker through this curve (I was almost doing the speed limit), and I'm aware that there is often water run-off in the morning, so I usually ride the inside of the lane to avoid it. As I enter the turn wider than normal, I hit the sprinkler run-off (nooo...). Next thing I know I'm sliding into the shoulder.
The carnage:

-1 bent left clip-on
-1 clutch lever
-1 Vortex shift pedal and peg
-both left turn signals
-cracked/rashed tail section
-rashed fairing
-1 A* textile jacket
-1 sore a$$ left shoulder
And most importantly. The ability to say "I've never laid it down... Yet"

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Glad you're fine. Took you long enough...

took you long enough to fall and get a dam post after so much lurking!!!!

Hope you can get it fixed soon man...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts