Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am getting ready to get a sv 650 here soon. But on the suzuki website i see there is only green and red. But when i search around on the internet i find some that are different colors.And i know there are diff colors for diff years. Im mean only 06s. Are these aftermarket painted or does suzuki offer diffferent colors?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Most motorcycle manufacturers switch the paint schemes on the bikes every year:

This is taken from the Color Rite site because I was afraid I'd miss one

• █████ Marble Rakis Red
  • █████ Pearl Flash Yellow
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Pearl Orpiment Yellow
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Pearl Novelty Black
  • █████ Metallic Sonic Silver
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Burning Copper Metallic
  • █████ Metallic Sonic Silver
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Saturn Black
  • █████ Pearl Lively Yellow
  • █████ Candy Anteres Red
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Saturn Black
  • █████ Pearl Helios Red
  • █████ Candy Grand Blue
  • █████ Pearl Helios Red
  • █████ Light Jay Blue Metallic

This list seems a bit funky (I don't think there was blue in 2003, not in North America anyways), but I copied it directly from Color Rite so don't blame me ;D

Also, there is some sort of teal for 2006 which you already mentioned that is not on Color Rite's site.

So I guess just don't take this as the absolute list.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
schultzboy said:
there was blue in 2003 because i had one. but i'm pretty sure there wasn't black in the US in 2004.
03 yes.

04 Black no.... In Europe maybe.... 05 is when the 1ks here got black.

·
Registered
177 Posts
2006 there is only that teal color ( very ugly) and red as far as i know thats why i went with a new 05 from my dealership about a month ago and got the more royal blue. But yes color choices are min. if your stuck on the 06 id go with the red. im not much for red bikes but that teal is horrible!!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
the 650 and 1k have different colors.

the 06 has the red and "blue" for the 650 and the gunmetal charcoal hot thing going on for th 1k, and maybe one other color.

so each year can have 4 colors

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
stranger said:
and those colors off the color rite site don't come close to doing the actual bikes justice. the copper looks much better than what's displayed on the screen
+1 - But there is only so much you can do without gamut warnings on the web

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
girl_on_a_blue_SV said:
2006 there is only that teal color ( very ugly) and red as far as i know thats why i went with a new 05 from my dealership about a month ago and got the more royal blue.  But yes color choices are min. if your stuck on the 06 id go with the red. im not much for red bikes but that teal is horrible!!!!
exactly what im thinking. I might try to find a new 05.  but thans for the help guys

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah my dealership had 4 05's left two blue and two yellow...mine had like 2 miles on it i think, and they were happy to get rid of it so i got a much better price. i think we paid around 5900 out the door and that included the lowering links and labor for lowering my bike like 5 inches for my short ass...Good Luck

·
Registered
177 Posts
I saw it at the dealership when i went to buy my bike and seriously almost gaged! it looks like something on an old Honda cruiser from the 80s! Anyhow to each his own i guess...at least you wont see many of them on the road, you would definitely be different!!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
jonesdb said:
I didnt like it untill I saw it in person. /shrug
I saw my first one last weekend ... it is a very rich blue-green color and much nicer than what the website shows.

I would love to see one in full - fairings in sunlight ... it will be a head turner because of the uniqueness of the color.

Then again ... I am one that loves yellow ... would of never chose it until I saw it.
Try it ... you might like it! ;D

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just bought an 06 blue and it's way better in person and in the light the only time you can actually see any hint of green is in certain direct sun light kinda like color shifting paint in a way it's definitely not horrid! Although I have to admit it's not as good as the 05 blue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
96zj said:
I just bought an 06 blue and it's way better in person and in the light the only time you can actually see any hint of green is in certain direct sun light kinda like color shifting paint in a way it's definitely not horrid! Although I have to admit it's not as good as the 05 blue.
Can you post a big pic of your bike?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
The 06 blue should never be seen under flourescent lighting. Kinda neat in sunlight though. I wouldn't buy it, but not bad looking in person. Guess it's like me, it doesn't photograph well :-\

1 - 20 of 42 Posts