Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 2851 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to finally say hi and how great riding in Colorado is. I moved to Centennial about 2 months ago and have done a few rides but today was the best by far.

The ride today included hwy 103 and mt. Evans. Not sure how many of you know it but state hwy 103 is being repaved and so far about half done and it rivals most of the tracks I have been to. Smooth as glass with some runoff and guardrails in case you have problems. When it is done, it will be excellent. Also rode Lookout mountain road near Golden and that was fun.

Looking forward to some more rides and one or two more trackdays before it gets to cold.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hope everyone here is staying safe and your bikes are staying dry! My wife and I are lucky and live out of the flood plain in Boulder. This is some crazy stuff. I've been seeing lots of pics of the damage in the canyons... looks like some of my favorite roads are done for a good while.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The National Guard is evacuating the town of Lyons, and the American Red Cross has opened shelters for the evacuees.

Here's a video describing some of the flood damage:

http://youtu.be/wwsPm7HwoCs

Hope everyone here is staying safe and your bikes are staying dry! My wife and I are lucky and live out of the flood plain in Boulder. This is some crazy stuff. I've been seeing lots of pics of the damage in the canyons... looks like some of my favorite roads are done for a good while.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I hope everyone is safe from the flooding. It's been crazy! What's weird though is that at my house in Littleton, it never got bad. I will consider myself lucky.

On another note, I bit the bullet and took my stock baffles out of my SV1000...HOLY CRAP THEY ARE LOUD!! There's no mistaking me coming now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello all. New to Colorado and have been staying in Boulder. Quite the rainy season! Hope everyone is recovering from the floods. Looking forward to seeing you fellow SV'ers out there. . . :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2008 SV650N, live in Aurora. It's my first bike so still getting comfortable but would enjoy meeting some other riders in the area.

Adam

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hey guys, I'm in the Denver area this week checking it out as a possible new home. How's the riding and riding season out here?

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey guys, I'm in the Denver area this week checking it out as a possible new home. How's the riding and riding season out here?
Even though Colorado gets the perception of "SNOW!!!!", we actually have more sunny days than snow day. When it snows, it melts by the next day. It's the cold weather during the winter that you'll have to be brave about (although, it averages in the 40's so it's not horrible). Summers are great for riding. Lots of canyon/mountain riding to be done!

·
Registered
364 Posts
The riding around here is great as Poop stated. This time of year you get a random 65 or so degree day (like last weekend) and EVERYONE is out. It is a good idea to stay out of the canyons (or at least be very careful) in those rogue days and in the early season as the foothill and mountain roads are still gravel covered for some time until the first few rains of the late spring and summer wash it away. Other than that Colorado is very nearly a year round riding state....even in the cold of Jan and Dec every once in a while there is a warm day in the 40s or 50s that is nice enough; one can out the window, then at the thermometer and say "hell...im gion for a quick lil rip!'' to tide ones self over.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Once I can get a new set of tires I will be riding on these 50-60 degree days. Back tire is toast and waiting on tax refund to get my 1000 on the road.

Anyone selling boots by chance? 10.5 roughly depending on manf.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Anyone been to or planning to go to IMI soon? Just bought a suit and I've never hit a track yet... seems like a good place to start.

I've been to IMI and it's a cool little track. When bikes aren't on it there are karts racing around. It's ~40 for the day and good enough. I can't justify paying 200 or close to that for high plains. You should have fun going there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

Can anyone in/around Boulder help me mount new tires? I can barter with acupuncture treatments (weird, I know--but it's really great for pain and stress relief, as well as other stuff like insomnia).

Or any advice on where's the best deal to get them done around Boulder/Denver? Ideally, I'd like to order the tires online and bring them in--I know this is frowned upon by many places. Any info on pricing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey guys,

Can anyone in/around Boulder help me mount new tires? I can barter with acupuncture treatments (weird, I know--but it's really great for pain and stress relief, as well as other stuff like insomnia).

Or any advice on where's the best deal to get them done around Boulder/Denver? Ideally, I'd like to order the tires online and bring them in--I know this is frowned upon by many places. Any info on pricing?

Thanks.
Not sure about places in Boulder, but usually if you have the tires and rims off the bike places charge around $30 to put them on. I actually just got a new set and put them on myself. My buddy has a bead breaker and other tools and we just did it at his place. Then you can take them to any place and pay maybe $5 to have them balanced.

For shops I Would say either Peak Performance on Colfax next to Let it Ride..Or Performance on Broadway and Evans, or TFOG in Golden.

2821 - 2840 of 2851 Posts