Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2851 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks, after they warm up there's less snap in them, but they can still put an SV650 with straight pipes to shame =)

The shorter ones are probably even more ridiculously loud. I started out with a holeshot exhaust (came with the bike)

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160517&highlight=

It's actually that exact exhaust, and traded to clay for his dual TRS setup which I think sounds better.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's not a bad deal one bit. I would trade someone right away, but nobody seems to want stock exhaust :p

I wondering how much I could sell the stock cans for. Maybe use the money for getting some new pipes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Too bad grim sold his or you could have bought his two brothers and swapped stock cans on for him

Otherwise the dual delkevic I mentioned would be a good idea.

Honestly on my Delkevic i boguht the cheaper stainless can and then used one of those fake CF vinyl 3M wraps off ebay for like $0.50 and wrapped my can and it honestly looks like real CF.

For those thinking I was trying to be a ricer for using CF vinyl to fake wrap my can rathe then spend the cash on a real one, I had already bought the stainless can (since it was half the price of the CF one) and then I lowside crashed 2 weeks later and rashed the outside of he can. I didnt like the rash obviously and a quick fix was to try that vinyl wrap and viola! It covers the rash nicely

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The CF cans do sound a bit different, and honestly the cost between CF and SS on the delkevic's, you might as well just go with CF.

The _only_ reason I ended up with Yoshi's on my bike is because 1) I had after market holeshots on it which I hated, and 2) Delkevic wasn't making SV1K exhausts yet =)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I went with the stainless Delkevic for $109 (was on sale) and the CF was $219. SO ti was half the price for me at the time, I think now the stainless are like $180 and the CF is $219 so $40 isnt that bad to just get the CF.

Since my can got rashed this was a quick fix for me!

My bike already came with the stainless Yoshi pipe when I boguht it, but I wanted to test out the Delkevic and see how loud it would be and felt like $109 was a cheapy way to just test the waters and not be stuck with 2 exhausts and have spent a ton. I ended up liking the sound of the Delkevic over the Yoshi and sold the Yoshi for well more than I paid for the Delkevic so it was a win for me :)

The yoshi did sound great I will say, but I didnt like the long stainless cans with a black frame. I liked the wide open non silencer Delkevik sound and the shorty looking can.

To each his own tho. I know some would say WTF you downgraded from Yoshi to Delkevic! But I only wanted to test it otu and see if I liked it and turns out I did so I just bailed on the yoshi. I didnt notice any downgrade in performance or anything with the Delkevic at all.

Something else I did to ad to the aggressive sound was to desnorkle the airbox so now its a killer sound even more

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sooo.... I don't think anyone in here knows me but I've been on the boards for years now. I finally got my SV registered and running again so I'm riding up 34 to Estes and down 7 to Lyons tomorrow morning. It's mostly just a shakedown kind of ride to add to my list of parts and repairs that I need to work on. It's short notice, so pm me if you want to tag along. Thinking I might be up and at it by 10am hopefully

But mostly I was curious if anyone around Longmont / Loveland / FoCo would want to do something Sunday morning. Open to any and all suggestions...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Road up GGC to Blackhawk then back down 6. 119 was good as was 6, GGC had lots of cops and lots of gravel.
GGC = Golden Gate Canyon? Sorry, I'm new here... 8)

I drove Trail Ridge Road yesterday (in my car) with the gf since we had never been to RMNP... roads were good except for the traffic. Planning on riding the same route sometime this week since the pass is good for 7 days. Anyone is welcome to join me.

Is RMNP (trail ridge road) always busy in the summer? Or was it just because I went on a weekend... The western side of the continental divide was practically empty, though...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is the route you spoke of the most common, quick ride (loop) near Denver? The 46 > 199 > 6 route?

And by most common, I mean most popular for sportbikes.

I just need something that can entertain me for a while. Living 30min from the Dragon really spoiled me, apparently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone near Denver have Suburban Machinery bars? Thinking about switching from my frankenstein setup but would like to at least see a set & figure out what they might feel like before I buy.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Is the route you spoke of the most common, quick ride (loop) near Denver? The 46 > 199 > 6 route?

And by most common, I mean most popular for sportbikes.

I just need something that can entertain me for a while. Living 30min from the Dragon really spoiled me, apparently.
My personal favorite loop is out of Boulder, highway 93, to Lefthand Canyon, up through Ward, CO Then jump on 119 / 72 either north (awesome) or south (awesome). If you head south you can ride up through blackhawk then over Squaw Pass road.

·
Registered
430 Posts
FINALLY took the new Sv1000 to the mountains for a last minute ride. Golden Gate Canyon up to Coal Creek, and then went to Boulder and then back home. She handled great and plenty of power so I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone near Denver have Suburban Machinery bars? Thinking about switching from my frankenstein setup but would like to at least see a set & figure out what they might feel like before I buy.
I have a set of the type1s on my naked sv. LOVE them and have been riding them for around 2 years now. I work in Denver in Golden Triangle area and ride there every day from Boulder. Ping me if you wanna check them out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry for the lack of posts from me. My wife and me had a baby 2 weeks ago. Beautiful healthy baby girl. I'm taking 5 weeks off of work, and 2 are already gone. Time is flying by. But it's been great!

2801 - 2820 of 2851 Posts