Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2851 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt see one so I thought we'd have one!

Just a place for us Colo ppl to talk about random things that dont really need a thread of their own...and pretty much BS with and talk about Colo stuffs.

How was everyones ride yesterday?

I got to Vixen a littler later than planned but I had to get over a hangover, go to a babyshower then pepboys and then go get her and zoom a lil bit.
Overall I had a good weekend!

·
Registered
117 Posts
great idea lily!

riding yesterday was GREAT! temps were perfect for riding ... wasn't too bad riding in this morning either, thanks to the grip heaters. forecast for this week looks good, so hope to be riding everyday!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I second the envy of the heated grips, for now big gloves will have to do!

this weather has somewhat ended my ski season but I'm not complaining, riding is just a great!

Also, what do you guys think about this whole Cutler drama? Personally, I think the daytime soaps just found a new star . . .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also, what do you guys think about this whole Cutler drama? Personally, I think the daytime soaps just found a new star . . .
ditto ... I think he just put himself out of a job. what an idiot ... he could have had a good thing going here in Denver too, but decided to be a whiner instead. He could have been the next Elway ... Cutler has a gun! Cassel isn't looking too bad now, huh? I don't know ... everything happens for a reason, I guess ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
After the way Cassel played last year, I'd like to see him here! Especially since he and McDaniels are on the same page. Oh well. Its only the first day of off season training, it's a long way till camp.

Would it be bad to leave work at noon to ride the rest of the afternoon??

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah i envy heated grips! i could ride alot more with those!!! its gonna b a good lunch ride!!!
I used to have heated grips but removed them after I switched out my handlebars a couple times. But I used the 'hot' wire to power my dual horns. :) It is kind of ghetto but I ended up making my own handguards and those work great (with gloves) down to freezing.

I spotted a maroon/dark red SVS in the Springs yesterday afternoon driving down Academy. Anyone want to claim it? Nice bike.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cutler is being a child about it all. he'll regret it im sure. i would leave if i could but its one of those jobs where im the only person that can do my job. i come back from vacas and itsa mess back here! at least i get a lil zoom zoom for the lunch hr tho. and o yeah vixen showed me just how much she loves to melt into turns!!!! i gotta b easy on us tho lol skill skill skill practice practice practice!!! ugh she could so b a track bike!!! i cant wait till my skills match her abilities!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would like to hit a track sometime but its not a priority. I work off of Garden of the Gods, the entrance to the park is no more than 5 minutes away. Makes for a nice lunch ride!

New rear shock (ZX-14) on the way. So I gotta install that sometime when it gets in without losing ride time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm sure there will be another snowday that would afford you time! I'm guessing that snow storm will be mid May! You've got to love CO weather

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey! There's a trackday on March 22nd - I'll be working registration. You can find more info at www.chicanetrackdays.com.

I'm a long time lurker with a few posts and some pics up. I tend to ride alone or with my partner/boyfriend/whatever you call your S.O. after you're 30. My SV is sad right now, hasn't been ridden in a month -- too much time at Copper!

I would like to hit a track sometime but its not a priority. I work off of Garden of the Gods, the entrance to the park is no more than 5 minutes away. Makes for a nice lunch ride!

New rear shock (ZX-14) on the way. So I gotta install that sometime when it gets in without losing ride time.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love watching the track days!! imi is fun to watch eventually ill b there but i got alot of work to do before i trust myself there. me and a few friends will b going to watch the female mra races @ pmp yay!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to motorcycling and just bought an SV a couple weeks ago. I took the MSF class and have been practicing and commuting. If you'd be up for riding with a noob and giving me some pointers let me know. I'm in the N.W. side of the Denver area.

I have a Jay Cutler story....I'm originally from Chicago and not a big Broncos fan. This past fall I was at Earls on 16th street on a date and the girl I was with suddenly said, "There's Jay Cutler!" Cutler and his friends were only two tables away in the mostly empty restaurant. My date and I had been at Lucky Strikes bowling and watching the Broncos get killed by the Raiders. Still not being a Broncos fan I replied to my date, "Who?". Later on I ended up using the washroom at the same time as Cutler. So we're both in there doing our thing and I'm like "How's it going?" to which he replies "Its going" real somber like. He wasn't in a good mood after that Raiders game.

I wasn't particularly impressed by his physical fitness. He seemed over weight. However, I respect that he's a professional athlete with diabetes and I liked that he and his friends were very unassuming at Earl's. Jeans and t-shirts.

M

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im cool with newbs! im still one myself and always will be!!! i mean in this sport u never stop learning! im out in lakewood myself. comgrats on ur new bike and i applaud u for taking the course!!! so many ppl dont its sad that their bikes end up as parts. anywho welcome to colorado, the sv and riding in general!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey guys, im down in northern colorado (greeley) and would love to hit the twisties with some fellow sv'ers as i just got mine a week ago!

1 - 20 of 2851 Posts