Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 2007 SV650S in blue and I have an idea for colors but I don't know how it would look because I have never seen it on a SV.

My bike is the '07 blue and I was thinking about doing the following:
1. Install gold pazzo shortys
2. Install gold rearsets from svracingparts
3. Paint rims and calipers to match the rearsets
4. Get some various gold bolts (i.e. windscreen bolts) for accents

Does anyone think this would look good. I have always loved gold accents on just about any color bike but I am unsure of how it would look on a SV.

Thank you all for your input

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Sounds like it would look good. I am a fan of having multiple bits coordinated like that.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Blue and gold go well together, but only if there's no silver. In order for your bike to look good you'd have to make all the silver bits black (remove or powdercoat rear pegs, black clipons, etc.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, so I should probably get lower fairings to cover the silver parts of the engine? Sounds like this will cost more than I thought

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You could always disassemble and paint the engine...that's a little time-consuming though!

Another option would be to just paint the two engine side covers and get a bellypan.

Also, I'd vote for leaving the calipers factory color (or going with a deeper black). Instead of painting I'd have the bits powdercoated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts