Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a glove for temps under 55 or so. The last few days in the colder weather my hands do get cold after a while. I wont ride under 40, so I'm not looking for full winter below freezing/snowmobile gloves, but maybe a full leather non perforated. My friend has the old A* SP1's, but he said the new model has perforations & get cold. So I'd like to know if anyone has any of the new A* gloves & wheather or not they have perforations.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I really, really like my JR Hard Drive gloves for temps from 60 down to 35-40 F; they're uninsulated, but water/wind proof. Fantastic feel of levers and controls...

Lotsa folks hate 'em though, and they're being phased out. IIRC, newenough.com has them for ~$25...

Don't know anything about the models you listed...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just a nice non-perforated (like you said) will do fine in the cold weather. If they are water proof, thats even better. Since then even less wind will get through them.

I ride as long as the roads are dry and not salty. But, I have heated grips... they make all the differance.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I got a pair of TourMaster ColdFront (I think) gloves for Christmas. It hasn't been painfully cold around here yet, but they are definitely warmer than my Violator pros. I've worn them for extend rides in the low 40s and was perfectly comfortable (I didn't bother hooking up my warm-grips).

They do get cold after a while, but I think they are a bit tight. The length is right (Medium) for my hands but the insulation is pretty thick. I'm hoping that they pack in a bit. They are supposedly waterproof, and have a handy squeegee built in. The only real drawback is the bulk. I'm not a big fan, and it definitely requires a bit more focus to be smooth. I guess when it's that cold, it doesn't matter because I shouldn't be riding hard anyway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cancer said:
Get a pair of Gerbing's heated gloves with a thermostat for them.  You'll thank me later for spending the money.
I have a Gerbing heat liner. Not a single regret about buying it. I can ride at just about any temperature with it.

Sub 40s are a breeze.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Nimbus said:
I got a pair of TourMaster ColdFront (I think) gloves for Christmas. It hasn't been painfully cold around here yet, but they are definitely warmer than my Violator pros. I've worn them for extend rides in the low 40s and was perfectly comfortable (I didn't bother hooking up my warm-grips).

They do get cold after a while, but I think they are a bit tight. The length is right (Medium) for my hands but the insulation is pretty thick. I'm hoping that they pack in a bit. They are supposedly waterproof, and have a handy squeegee built in. The only real drawback is the bulk. I'm not a big fan, and it definitely requires a bit more focus to be smooth. I guess when it's that cold, it doesn't matter because I shouldn't be riding hard anyway.
I those gloves too. For my 20 minute commute to work they work fine in temps 30 degrees and above. Around 32 and below my hands will be somewhat nippy when I get to work/home. I'm hoping to get some grip heaters for my bday so that should help.

Here's a long ass thread on winter gloves, you should check it out:

http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=50520.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts