Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story..

I am an average 20 year old male and enjoy the finer things in life. Aside from the typical sex, drugs, and rock n roll.. not a whole lot makes me happier than playing Call of Duty 4. If that's so wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Anyway, my girlfriend seems to have a problem with my COD4 enjoyment. If she doesn't want to watch me play it, then maybe she shouldn't come over. That would make too much sense. Instead, she forms a round-table discussion with her sorority sisters in order to form some sort of "troubled girlfriend" group.

Upon finding out about this discussion group, I am told that COD is the stupidest game ever. This puts me on the spot.. What did COD ever do to hurt anyone? My reaction is to quickly bring up Twilight.

Yeah.. I went there. And to my amazement, I was informed that the Twilight series is the "..the most beautiful thing on this planet." Pure disbelief. :eek:

Any fellow COD4 able to consul me? I'm lost..

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Ah...to be 20 again.

First of all, you probably do play too many video games. I don't see why you would pick a frickin' game over a chick.

Second, she's probably a needy little b*tch that thinks your every waking moment - and probably all of your sleeping ones too - must be spent pandering to her.

Hopefully in a few years, you'll both realize that it's all about balance.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Have you tried COD:[email protected]?
I really like the modern warfare style of fighting with the weapons and all, but [email protected] is really good too. Give it a whirl.

Oh, and the g/f's either accept that you play or they dont.
You're 20. This shouldnt be an issue or topic for you to have to deal with.
Break up with her and find another g/f to last you a few weeks and repeat the process again.
Continue this for as long as it continues to work for your benefit.
That's the best advice I can give.

·
Registered
414 Posts
why do you only have 1 gf at 20? That's your problem right there.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Most girls watch trash on TV, and most boys play videogames ...

It works out to be the same, until they expect you to sit with them and watch the dribble.

Get a new g/f.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CoD 4 is old. Get with the times
COD4. Old, but still good

..you probably do play too many video games.

Second, she's probably a needy little b*tch that thinks your every waking moment - and probably all of your sleeping ones too - must be spent pandering to her.
That's the problem, I don't play video games that much. I'm in my third year of engineering classes and its hard to even find the time to sleep.

The 2nd part.. very true. The relationship is totally switched.. She can't get enough sex, which is great, don't get me wrong.

why do you only have 1 gf at 20? That's your problem right there.
touche

..mainly, I was hoping for someone to explain this whole Twilight phenomenon. any ideas?

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
My GF complained about my CoD: World at War playing. I gave her a Falcon Punch to the ovaries and she hasn't said sh!t from that point.

·
Registered
308 Posts
next thing you know youll be relaxing on the only couch in your 1 bedroom condo, when your gf comes home and turns on ugly betty. you are forced to run to the kitchen, grab the ice cream scoop, gouge out your eyes and end the misery

my advice to you is to start drinking heavily. ugly betty wont be as ugly, and you get to keep your eyes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well played, silversx.. well played

Twilight is this series of vampire books. It seems to be a mix of the Underworld Movies and those trashy romance novels

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
My GF complained about my CoD: World at War playing.
Can you or someone else review this game for me? I have played all the CODs and currently play COD4 online.

I prefer WW2 shooters but was put off by the negative reviews of COD: World at War at Amazon and elsewhere. Thoughts?

PS .. dump that b!tch now! She will only get worse with age. Take it from someone who knows.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
Can you or someone else review this game for me? I have played all the CODs and currently play COD4 online.

I prefer WW2 shooters but was put off by the negative reviews of COD: World at War at Amazon and elsewhere. Thoughts?

PS .. dump that b!tch now! She will only get worse with age. Take it from someone who knows.
COD5 on the PS3 is ok, fackin dogs are annoying though.

Offline storyline was repetitive. Online go for the objective based games, personally I do like Hardcore and Veteran modes the most.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts

WaW is pretty sweet. The single player is better than CoD4 IMHO and multiplayer is similar. The downside is that the n00bs just jump in a tank and try to own everyone (that's what I do sometimes). If you get good, you can take out a tank with one sachel charge. Once you get to level 65, you can reset back to one and start all over, earning prestige ranks.

Give it a rental and try it for a week or two. It's more fun than the reviews let on.

MY GF complained because I was playing CoD:WaW for three days straight (I'm 27, she's 28). She bought me Prince of Persia and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway for Christmas. I haven't been playing those much so she picks on me.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
What about COD: World at War on PC?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts