Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wasn't home to sign for it so I had to pick it up today at the post office. And holy crap that box was beat up. Ace Ventura must have been the delivery boy. Lol looks awesome!!! Thanks Nils!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got mine, same story box beat up but cover is fine.

Will be passing it on to the new owner this weekend. I'll try to get pics once he has it on..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here's the post from my build thread that I just made:

Well guys and gals, I've been slacking a lot with this bike in the last couple months. I got my new Daytona 675 to replace the one I wrecked, and shifted a lot of effort into getting that one up to spec.

The really sad part is that the only major purchase left to be made for this bike is the rearsets! I'm hoping I'll get those on the way within a month or so.

Anyway, parts are still trickling in for the bike. I finally received the clear clutch cover that I've been waiting on out of Germany for about three and a half months. At $300 it was an expensive mod, but it is COOL! It was worth the wait as you can definitely see the quality that went into machining and anodizing/etc. Fitment was spot on and install was extremely straight-forward. I'm very happy!

Anyway, a few pics:

The clutch cover installed. Torqued all the bolts down to 12 ft. lbs. Seems to be plenty. Going to order a gold anodized oil cap to go with this.

More of a side-view of the bike.

Side shot of the front half of the bike with the new cover installed.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Quick question for the 2nd gen.

With this cover, other than the 1st gen clutch cover to be changed, are the 2nd gen springs ok to use? any modification to them?
If you are just using the clutch cover then just keep the second gen clutch springs and bolts. If you also are using new spring retainers then you should use first gen springs.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Questions

1: when is the end-time for the group buy? I probably can't join in, but just want to find out.

2: why aren't the gold and red inserts available anymore? Just curious is all, cuz I'd prefer the gold or red so a bit bummed.

3: I've got a 2nd Gen, if it's $260 for the window about how much will I need to spend to get it to fit on my bike? From what was posted in the OP it looks like about $40 in parts, plus (on ebay) $31 1st gen cover. Only 1 though, in rough shape. So for a total about $331 ish?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just to answer your questions.

I think Nils is un-available as he told me before shipping my clutch cover he was going to be away for 5 months, as mentioned in his last post he still has covers available due to people pulling out.

Can't answer for no#2

No#3 That's correct. The Gen 1 cover's always come up, just keep a look out.

121 - 140 of 166 Posts