Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, all of this clutch adjustment stuff has me thinking (well, that and the adjustment at my lever is nearly out), isn't it equally possible that the cable has just stretched over many 10's of thousands of miles?

I just adjusted my clutch after I replaced the slave cylinder and it was very easy. I neglected the adjustment at the cover end (as it was right before I replaced it), but I'm going to try to reclaim some adjustment at the lever.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yes, sir, it's possible. FYI, I ordered a replacement clutch cable from azmotorsports (dirt cheap) and have it sitting in the garage. 60K miles out of the stocker and countless tiny adjustments to lever free play, I can't complain... Not sure how many times RandyO has replaced his clutch cable, though, and I think he's over 110K...

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I replaced my clutch cable @ 92k it was getting sticky, but was not stretched too much
I replaced fibre's & springs @ 102k, still have original steels, there was no more adjustment left in clutch, it didn't engage till it was released all the way, but never slipped.

I think that maybe some peeps play with their clutch adjustment too much, I have NEVER touched anything, all my adjustments have been done by my dealer at regular service intervals, so I really don't have a clue how ofetn it really needed adjustment.

I might add, that I slip my clutch a lot.. low speed manuvering, I smooth my shifts with clutch slippage rather than blipping the throttle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts