Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 07 sv650 naked from a guy and he replaced the handle bars and clutch cable but the clutch still is loose I bought a new clutch cable and installed it and it’s still really loose maxed out both adjustments and still no friction could it be a issue with the new handle bars?

·
very big dumb
10,570 Posts
start with this

it's possible you have a weird clutch cable either not meant for this bike, or manufactured wrong.

"still no friction" you mean it feels like you have the clutch pulled in forever? if that's the case, you need to relax the adjusters not tighten them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that’s what I was thinking it’s like it’s to long when I pull the clutch lever it feel supper loose all the way till the end right at the end you can feel friction but you can only feel that when both adjustments are maxed out when they aren’t it’s super sloppy

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I pulled the worm gear off and it’s missing 4 ball bearings gonna replace them and see if that helps
Have a read here,

One of the weaknesses of this type of engine/motorcycle design is if the bike has been dropped on the left hand side even when static the standard gear lever can mess up the clutch :(

Also search engine links,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts