Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 01 SV650S with 10,139 miles. I've been riding it here and there and I've noticed the clutch seemed like it needed to be adjusted. So...... I followed instructions I found on the site and tried to adjust the cable along with the clutch mechanism and haven't had any luck. Now if I try to start the bike while its in gear it will lung forward, if I start it in neutral and drop it in first its almost as if it slams in gear. It shifts just fine and doesn't act like the clutches are slipping at all. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I've don't something wrong or I've missed a step.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I've noticed the clutch seemed like it needed to be adjusted.
why? was it slipping ?

clutch needs to be adjusted FIRST before adjusting cable free play

is it clunking when cold ? normal

or when warmed up ? should not clunk but still might some with fresh heavier viscosity oil

the SV (like most other but not all motorcycles) has a wet clutch system, the oil will create friction in the clutch even when disengaged

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got it adjusted fairly decent but not 100% were I want it too be. Still doesn't seem to disengage completely and you will notice if you try to start it in gear. Doesn't "slam" into first really hard anymore but now I have to let my clutch lever 3/4's or more out before it starts to pull. I'm taking it to a guy here local and having him adjust the clutch properly once I get my R/R upgrade installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts