Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed last week,

My clutch lever has been getting harder and harder to engage. I know I can get pretty tired at the end of my commute home. Lots of stop and go.

I have lubed up the cable about twice in the past 2 weeks, but it hasn't changed anything in the feel. Still puts a strain on my forearm muscule after 1hour ride.

Is there a known answer for this kinda problem. Bike has 15K.

I have been thinking about changing the cable assy all together, but i would also like to make the cable feel a lot lighter for the gf who i would like to teach to ride. But at the moment she can't even declutch.

Advices please!!

Q< needs his moto fix after rideless weekend.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The cable could still be dragging despite lubing it. Could be frayed or have grime causing it to drag (the housing might of also be damaged). I would start by pulling the cable and checking it. If it were me, I would replace it anyway (piece of mind)

If you don't already have one, a cable lube tool is nice to have. It forces the lube through the housing making sure the entire length is lubricated.

Also, you might want to pull your lever and inspect/clean/lube it. It all adds up and it could be a combination of the lever and cable.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Check the other end... The lifter mechanism- the worm drive doofer on the end of the cable- on mine had more or less disintegrated, it had lost most of its bearings and so it was functioning by grinding not rolling. It had happened so gradually I'd never really noticed it getting heavier till I rode another SV and discovered the difference. Just take it to bits and check that it's moving smoothly and well lubed, and that all the bearings are present and correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts