Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having some weird issues lately. To begin I've done the clutch mantra 6 times already; going to do a 7th after this post, I've changed the oil and filter and the oil level isn't past full.

What's been going on is this: say the bike has been sitting all day (6+ hrs), you can get on it, shift N->1 and drive away fine all day. If you stop and turn off the bike for 15m-2h (ie errands) and come back now when you shift into 1st the clutch doesn't fully disengage, with the clutch lever all the way to the bar the bike wants to roll, give it some gas it rolls faster, give it more and it disengages (until you bring the rpms down again). The kicker is that if you get moving and shift it up into 2nd or 3rd and come back down to 1st like say at a stop light the clutch is fine again and will be again until it sits turned off cooling for a while again. What's going on?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have also noticed this. Havent really worried about it, but I'm interested to see what some of the guru's have to say about this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's never occurred to me before, and on 2 occasions now it's been pulling enough to stall the engine at a light. After doing the clutch mantra again it's less noticeable and doesn't happen as often. Is this an indicator of clutch wear?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, if you're absolutely positive that the adjustments are correct, I would personally remove the clutch ramp assembly(part that you adjust down below) and make sure that it's not damaged and moves freely. If that checks out then you'll probably have to remove the cover and inspect your clutch assembly itself. Inspect for any worn or warped plates and check your basket for any grooves that could be binding the plates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts