Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning at work my boss backed his truck into my SV. It was definitely an accident and luckily it didnt go all the way over but there is a little damage; broken turn signal, dented and scuffed muffler, and the clutch cover has some pretty nice gouges in it. In the big picture its not bad, but it bothers me because I take great care of the bike and it was mint before this. I figure this is just a sign that I need to chop the muffler and the signal is easy enough (I want to use an OEM replacement but the cheapest I can find is 32; know of anything cheaper?). The clutch cover is what really bothers me though. The cheapest I can find it is $128 and I'm sure its a fair amount of effort for the average person to do the install. My real question is do you guys think I can buff it or fill the gouges and buff in some way? I'm open to all suggestions. Tell me what ya got, I know we have some smart peeps around here. Thanks
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I'd say get your boss' insurance to pay it. And get your dealership to replace it for you,. You have an 08, so it's still brand new. GL bro!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the blinker taken care of I think. As for the cover, I want to try to resolve it nice and easy. The boss is a good guy and he felt just as bad as I did. He said hed pay for everything, but its an accident, I wanna keep it cheap for us all.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Most of the aftermarket ones cost an arm and a leg - I would go ahead and ask your boss for cash once you find one to help you replace it... or a bonus :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a bonus, haha. it seems your buddy jeopardy98 is gonna be able to help me out here. thanks for the reccomendation!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Go with a clear clutch cover. Make your boss pay for his mistake. I am sure he is a nice guy but maybe if you hit him in the wallet a little he will remember to look before he backs up next time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got the blinker taken care of I think. As for the cover, I want to try to resolve it nice and easy. The boss is a good guy and he felt just as bad as I did. He said hed pay for everything, but its an accident, I wanna keep it cheap for us all.
My friend i am sorry to say so but it makes no sense.The cheapest way is to get your boss's insurance pay for the damage.
It is not a matter of good and bad guys,but an issue of refund for damaged property.Your boss won't pay a thing,his insurance will.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
My friend i am sorry to say so but it makes no sense.The cheapest way is to get your boss's insurance pay for the damage.
It is not a matter of good and bad guys,but an issue of refund for damaged property.Your boss won't pay a thing,his insurance will.
wrong. he probably has a $500 deductible.

heck, even if it is a 250 deduct, the boss will still be paying for most of the repair out of pocket.

·
Registered
220 Posts
wrong. he probably has a $500 deductible.

heck, even if it is a 250 deduct, the boss will still be paying for most of the repair out of pocket.
What is deductible?Maybe the insurance pays if damage is over 500?
In Greece if the accident is your fault the insurance pays the damage done to the other guy even if it is 1$..
That's what insurances are for!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
What is deductible?
sorry i didn't realize you weren't from here :)

the deductible is what you pay out of pocket before the insurance covers the rest.

for instance: You have $1500 in damage and a $500 deductible, your insurance will give you $1000.

·
Registered
220 Posts
sorry i didn't realize you weren't from here :)

the deductible is what you pay out of pocket before the insurance covers the rest.

for instance: You have $1500 in damage and a $500 deductible, your insurance will give you $1000.
I edited before seeing your answer.Thanks,anyway!
I think i prefer greek inurance system...

·
Registered
414 Posts
The deductable is for your own vehicle if the accident is your fault. He wont have to pay a dime for the damage to your bike....His insurance may go up when he renews his policy but he wont pay a deductable.
If you crash into somebody your insurace pays the other guy period. the deductable is subtracted from the damage to your property.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts