Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to this site,was hoping someone could help.ive brought a 2001 sv 650s and its seems that the clutch case is weepin oil ive taken it off and put a new gasket on,but yet it still weeps,any ideas?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Re: clutch csae weaping

First, welcome to SVR.
Second- this is the FAQ Forum and is "The answer forum. To ask questions, go to the WORKSHOP FORUMS."

Check to see if the clutch cover is cracked.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

I read somewhere that a supposedly common cause for 1999-2002 SV-650/S clutch covers leaking oil is due to the metal collars pressed into the bolt holes of the cover being a hair too long, preventing the tension of the mounting bolts from pressing the cover against it's gasket sufficiently.

The guy who wrote the piece I read pushed the collars out, ground them down a skosh, pushed them back in, and then reaped the benifits of a non-leaking cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanku very much for your help,il have another look when i get a chance and hopefully stop the sv from bleeding.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts

Another common issue with the 99~02's is that the clutch cover gets warped from the repeated heat/cool cycle associated with riding your bike.

You can take some 500 or higher grit sand paper and tape it to a flat surface and then in a cicrle pattern smooth the clutch cover out.

Works for some people...if it's too far out, you'll have to get a new cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.