Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was in the garage messing with the bike and noticed the clutch cable guide was snapped and was grinding on the cable and little by little obviously frayed the cable and thank god it snapped in the garage and not on the road. Ok I'm fine with routing it and figuring it out cause I can't ride it to the shop, the only problem is I can't find the cable anywhere online.

If anyone has run into this problem can you tell me where to get a cable or even if there is another bike I can use,

Maybe someone knows the actual length of the cable so I can go that route, please help I need my bike for daily driving,

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP...:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2009 I will even make my own cable but I would like to know the exact measurement of the cable I can't seem to find it but I also Found one at suzukipartsnation.com that does not say sold out so I have an email sent to them I will update the post for anyone else with this problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Midwesterner thank you I don't know if I'm searching for the wrong thing or looking in the wrong spot thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope no luck national back order but I just saw something that says the m90 is the same size cable is this true cause then there's two things to search for...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Anyone know a company who makes custom cables besides motin pro
There's a guy in Nova Scotia that I ran into on my last trip and he makes custom cables. He doesn't have a website, so you'll have to call him. Here's a picture of his business card.

I can't speak for his cable work, as I never used one from him, but he's a hell of a nice guy. If you end up ordering from him, tell him Max from PA told you about him.

If you're interested in reading about my experience with him, it's post number 18 here:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160322

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
2009 I will even make my own cable but I would like to know the exact measurement of the cable I can't seem to find it but I also Found one at suzukipartsnation.com that does not say sold out so I have an email sent to them I will update the post for anyone else with this problem

I made my own custom length cables when I did my front end swap. (went from naked bars to clip-ons) The local Harley dealer had cable ends so I was able to cut my cable and pull it out, shorten the outer casing, and then solder on a new end.

A bicycle shop might even have inner cable sizes that would work for motorcycles. (brake for clutch, and shifter for throttle)

As far as length goes, close up your adjustments and route the cable thru the housing with one end in place, then mark where the end should go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Blair from http://www.svracingparts.com/

My clutch cable was too short after getting my handlebars raised. He was able to help order some longer custom ones for me.

Really nice guy. Answers emails promptly, he even called me after hours to explain which cable to get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts