Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using an S clutch cable on my naked for a couple years with the cable casing split at the bend. I just put the front end back together and heard the cable split open more and now its very stiff. Tried a TWF cable but it's worse since it rubs the gauges. Someone else tried a gsxr perch which didn't work, any known solution for this? Seems like a custom cable a few inches shorter than the S cable might work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
get the cable that runs through the "V" of the engine... check with Motion Pro directly or get one from TWF Racing (Zoran)

Oops, I just read your entire post! LoL!

Call Motion Pro directly, I believe they can make to order cables in the length that you desire...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still can't ride because of the damn clutch cable. Motion pro wants almost $100 for a custom cable. Tried to make a custom cable and it didn't fit. Heard that the OEM cable is shorter but it was identical to motion pro, too long and the steel bend is not sharp enough and hits gauges. Next ordered a new motion pro thinking it would at least work until it kinks again, but it was identical to the OEM. I thought the original cable was motion pro, anyone know what cable it is? I need this shorter steel bend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found that it must be the naked gen1 cable, dunno if motion pro or OEM but I should be able to make a custom cable from that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts