Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Clutch cable adjuster(top one)

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  algreen 
G
#1 ·
I snapped the (top) cable adjuster in half at the locking collar a few months ago when riding. So, I got a new one, put it on adjusted it, all is good. Yesterday went out at like 5pm and started it, seemed wierd so i looked under the rubber boot, and its snapped again. What is causing this, I suppose that I had about .25 inches of exposed threads outside of the lock nut, is that to much, should I take more out of the bottom adjuster under the sprocket cover??? Does anyone else have this problem???

I dont want to break one of these every other month, so any help is appreciated!!!

Dave

G
#2 ·
Don't know why that's happening (weird) but it sounds like you've done everything right. It shouldn't snap no matter how much thread is exposed, as there shouldn't be any side load on it. I'm sure you've already done this, but check to make sure that everything is lined up right and that the clutch cable moves freely, and that the adjuster doesn't hit anything as you turn the bars.

When you figure it out, pls. post back.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.