Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 03 SV650S, and everytime I change from neutral to first gear, I can hear a loud 'crack' sound no matter if the bike is warmed up.

Is it normal? Thanks.

And also the front brake doesn't feel good. I can't feel there's enough initial bite. It's like everytime I brake, I really need to pull the brake lever in hard, otherwise the bike just doesn't feel like to stop. The brake fluid has just been changed, and the mechanic said there's still enough brake pad left.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I cant speak about the cracking when shifting, but I would suggest that some noise is normal but most wouldnt call it a 'loud crack' so you may have an issue there. On the brakes, I would try bleeding the brakes. Its a simple procedure and I have always just attached a length a clear tubing to the bleed nipple and had it run into a catch can. There are devices to vacuum bleed the system like the Mytivac that are more efficient but not required. If the system is properly bled and pads are in good shape I would consider replacing the brake lines. Rubber lines have a recommended 5 year replacement interval and a set of steel braided lines would improve feel.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Stainless steel braided brake lines, and better brake pads will make a noticeable improvement in your brakes.

My Sv doesn't "crack" when I shift to first. I get a bit of a "clunk", but not a loud "crack".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts