Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just replaced my clutch lever, cable, and gear shift tonight, does anybody have a link to the cable adjustment procedure? I did it before with the manual but I cant find my manual. Dont I have to adjust the thing behind the front sprocket cover with the springs in it as well as adjusting the cable?

·
Registered
236 Posts
take off sprocket cover and youll see a little nut with a little flathead screw in the middle. thats what youll adjust but first.....

the adj. on the lever: turn adjuster and holder thingy( the peice to hold the adjuster from moving) all the way to the lever. then go to sprocket cover and make sure the adjustment nob is turned all the way down. towards the floor.

then loosen that little nut i told you about. now turn out the adjustment screw two or three rotations. it should feel loose now not tight. now you will reverse and turn i the adjustment screw until resistance is felt, now turn out the screw a 1/4 turn.

now all thats left is to adjust the lever adju. until you have 10-15 mmm of play.

i found that i still had to loosen the adjuster near the sprocket a little to feel perfect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it working but im not sure if I have it perfect. When you said adjuster knob you mean the end of the cable sheath right? And when you said adjuster screw you mean the set screw with the nut around it on the spring loaded thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.