Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the throttle body off, access to injectors. The pressure fed solvent while hitting 12 v connection on the injector terminals does not produce clicking relay sound (if in fact an SV injector is supposed to make a sound) and no spray is pushed out the injector holes. Gonna try soaking in injector cleaner. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!:)

Any injector that's been fed ethanol laced fuel and then left to sit could possibly be stuck internally which sounds to be the case as you should have gotten spray with 12V across the pins. Whether you'll be able to free them up is a good question....then the other side of that coin is whether you'll want to run them even if you get them freed up? They're a very close tolerance device and any wear or corrosion internally could very well make them not work as intended.

You might search on Ebay or a local junkyard for a set of TB's to get another set of injectors. I have a spare TB set and IIRC cost less than $50 and came with all sensors along with injectors. If you can find such a deal it's WELL worth getting just to have the spares for down the road should you need to diagnose a problem or replace something. Everything on there is pricey at the dealership so good used a good move.:) Try our man Mad8 https://www.mad8v.com/collections/electrical/products/154 for TB's if you can't find locally....he's a good man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting on this Recoil! I did finally get them to spray after dumb **** here realized I’d blown the fuse in the 12v line to the battery! Your point about them being up to spec is another very possible issue. Had to order new o-rings as one cracked when I pulled injector out. Oh well, time to pull fuel pump and check filter!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
It never hurts to clean the fuel pump inlet screen (low pressure filter ala Suzuki manual) as they tend to accumulate lots of gunk....especially if the tank is dirty with rust. The High Pressure filter is more difficult to deal with though some have back-flushed them with gasoline...gently...you don't want to rupture the thing.

You also could do the Fuel Flow test to see how things are looking. Every time you key on the pump should run 3 seconds. With fuel line in suitable container key on 3 times for a total run time of 9 seconds then measure the fuel it pumped. Should be a minimum of about 5 oz and a good pump/filter will push 10 or more. Best of luck!:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To follow up, injectors both free of gunk, sprayed on command with 12v. Removed fuel pump. Internals including screen virtually spotless. Inside of tank clean and Pump tested ok also!
So much for my initial hunch that fuel system at fault. Will try plugs and test spark, but have to delve into electrical system troubleshooting procedures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remounting throttle body. Now I’ve for the throttle cables sticking. Twist grip won’t return! KMN!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, ok, all these basic lube your cables guides on YouTube. Can’t be that simple, right? Welp, after pulling the cables,off then on then off the throttle body, disassembled the the cable ends at the grip, I then tried lube in vain! Dang, it worked! On off with that reassuring snap!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Today an Auto Electrician friend (my sponsor) suggested that I should pull my injectors out and get them professionally cleaned. He offered to pay for this.
Is this something your supposed to do periodically? Excuse my ignorance on this matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts