Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been beaten to death so I did a search but didn't quite find what I wanted to know, can someone show me or explain how much lower some woodcraft clipons are compared to the OEM svs clipons (02) and they are 41mm right?

since my friend's accident of getting a bolt stuck in mine i'd like to get them replaced...looks so ugly now and i'm getting my tax return soon :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
well look at your stock clipons. they have a "riser" built into them to help make them less aggressive. this is the piece that is at the inside end of the bar and then goes down to the actual clamp on the forks. most aftermarket clipons will not have this "riser" and the bar will come directly off of the fork clamp. so you lose almost 2 inches in height probably.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That sounds like a good estimate to me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The vortex are much lower than the factory clip ons, plus have the ability to be adjusted to any angle, width etc. If you going to switch to clip ons go with aftermarket

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Titusss said:
I figured they'd be low but damn 3-4 inches...I'd like to try it myself, probably going to mock something up with wood this weekend to see how it feels...thanks :)
Wanna try something easier? Just take your stock clip-ons and lower them on the fork tubes about 3-4 inches. It'll give you almost an exact feel as for how they would feel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Titusss said:
I figured they'd be low but damn 3-4 inches...I'd like to try it myself, probably going to mock something up with wood this weekend to see how it feels...thanks :)
Yes they are very low compared to stock svs clipons you wont have any problem with them hitting the tank either with them... my controls just barely touch the frame below the tank when turned lock to lock. Where I beleive sock clipons are a few inches above the frame next to the tank.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will it hit the fairing at all? my friend had a major problem with his F3 where he had to slice some of his fairings to get his new clipons to work...good thing he paints bikes too...I don't have that luxury though.

I wouldn't mind the lower bars...make it more sporty, I'm 6'1" so I suppose I would fit ok, just gotta make sure :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts