Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am swapping an 05 GSXR750 front end on my 04 svs650. the forks only came with the right clip on, but not the left. so i was thinking about getting some aftermarket ones off e bay . what i need to know is how the clip on will change how i sit on the bike. as it sits now, i would like to sit up a little more, i am 6'1" and some times i feel cramped on the bike . i would like to hear from people who have them and how they like them etc ..

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you get aftermarket clipons that are for race use, you will probably be bent over even farther. The woodcrafts I put on mine made a lot of difference, I like the feel when im in the twisties but the rest of the time its a pain.

You might look into something with some risers on them.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Throttlecrazed said:
IThe woodcrafts I put on mine made a lot of difference, I like the feel when im in the twisties but the rest of the time its a pain.
I put vortex on my bike and feel the same way...its worth if however for the seating postion in the twisties

·
Registered
606 Posts
If comfort is more important than performance don't use clip-ons at all. Mount up some bars. You can drill and mount the SV type on gsxr clamps without much work. It might be a good idea to decide what you want before you spend money on clip-ons you may not like. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that what i kind of figure thanks all. not sure if i will or not but what should i look for in a clip on ?? a little bent over is OK, but i don't want to be riding like a SS . i was think maybe some of the bar riser instead.???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts