Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tired of the standard motard bars on my N, when going into twisties I position myself in a way that almost makes it silly not to have lower bars.

My question is, what will I have to do with my brake fluid resivoir when I install clipons? Will I be able to attach it to the clipons or will I have to postion it elsewhere to keep it level?

Any help is appreciated, as well as installation tips in terms of how the procedure goes. Ive swapped out handlebars before, just never dealt with clipons. TIA.

PS: Since I cannot post in the classifieds yet, anyone in the Lehigh Valley area want to trade me straight up? I have a genuine Suzuki gel seat that says SV on both sides I would like to trade for a stock SV seat. Let me know if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I saw a pic on here somewhere that showed a reservoir mounted to the brake lever clamp bolt (via the stock bracket). If you run SVs clip-ons, or Heli Bars, there's a threaded mount for the stock bracket. But... You could try drag bars or Clubman bars in your risers to get lower without having to re-do the headlight brackets so they cleared the clip-on fork clamps. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Suburban machinerY?
They make bars that position you low like clipons.

Everyone knows it's impossible to corner correctly with handlebars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suburban machinerY?
They make bars that position you low like clipons.

Everyone knows it's impossible to corner correctly with handlebars.
Never said I can't corner correctly with the motard bars ;D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Here's a pic of my naked with Suburban Machinery Type 1 bars....A better riding position compare to the stock ones...Easier than just doing all the hassle of installing clip ons, adjusting brake lines and such...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^ Looks much easier then messing with the clipon hassle, and from what I can see looks like an almost identical position.

What did you mount the brake res to?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I didn't have to mess with anything....I mounted everything back the same way it was for me OEM bars...the instructions mentioned something about putting the brake cables on the inside or outside don't remember of the forks...I didn't do it.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts