Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have FINALLY installed clip ons on my bike BUT there is the issue of having the fugly stock Steering stem upper bracket.

My question is, what is the best way to remove them?

Swap the bracket with and SV650 or are there "blanking" plates available for them?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of that too brother but I want a cleaner look if I can.

Surely I can replace it with an SV stem though

·
Registered
326 Posts
i wouldnt bother your probably going to get tired of the clip ons. just an opinion. that and if you sell it you can just take the clipons off and put the stock bar back on and sell them seperately

·
Registered
132 Posts
i wouldnt bother your probably going to get tired of the clip ons. just an opinion. that and if you sell it you can just take the clipons off and put the stock bar back on and sell them seperately
I wouldn't completely agree with getting tired of them, but it's nice to have the option to go back and put the stock back on if selling the bike, and keep clipons for the next bike or so. I love mine, and won't ever put the stock bars on it if I plan on keeping the bike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah true brother, ill have my bike for another year or so until I get my full license for an upgrade and I will be intending on bringing the bike back to its factory condition as well.

They just look ugly and out of place now IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts