Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Woodcraft clip-ons last week and I finally got a chance to tear down my front end and put my new stuff on. I put the front end on jack stands via the frame sliders. It worked great, I even sat on it to test them. Very sturdy and I would recommend this technique to anyone. Took off the forks, disassembled and dropped in the new fork oil. I used 15w and stayed w/stock springs as I am only 155 lbs. This was a much easier process than I expected. Not much spring pressure on the fork caps, and once you ge those off, you can basically dump everything, including the oil, out cleanly. Just pay attention to what order they go in. It is really easy, not rocket science, as these are relatively primative forks, i.e. no emulators or anything like that. Both sides measured out to almost exactly 450 ml when I dumped the old stuff out. I put the same amount back in and measured the distance from the top by dipping in a dowel. Again, very easy to be precise. Put the forks back in, adjusted them to the height I wanted them dropped in the upper triple, and snugged the bolts

Next came the clip-ons. I had already shaved off the left side indexing tab inside the control assembly and had no problems with it, so I did the same to the right side so I would not have to bother drilling my pretty new Woodcrafts. I snugged that all up, measured lock to lock, and sat on it.

WOW!!!!

What a difference, I feel a lot better, even at 6'2". Not too racey, but enough so I dont feel like I am sitting on a propor British bike, straight up with my pinkies out. ;D

I am jsut waiting on the LP headlight bracket now. I have not had a chance to ride, so that review will come later, in the "Reviews" section. I was quoted at like $40 to cut and weld the old headlight bracket, so for $49.99 I just bought the LP cool lookin' one. New brake lines will be in order, but I think they will work fine for now, they are not kinked, just a little longer than they should be.

BTW, this is on an '04 Naked, so the change is quite drastic. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a racier feel on the naked bike. I will try to post pics soon.

Kyle

G

·
hellz ya i jus ordered woodcraft clipons.
more about thoes.
the angle they are on ect.
how low.
ivv asked before with little to no responce.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IIRC they are 9o drop, but I could be wrong. My buddy hopped on and commented that they were comfy and not angled down too far or in too much.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Man you made me want my clipons even more! Now if I can get SS brake lines, springs, oil, and clipons all at once...hrm...heaven

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks niiiiiiiiice.

The Brits might be tweaked about the whole pinky-thing.

The new James Bond might come a-knockin'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts