Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I'm running with stock K2 clipons on a K2/SRAD mashup front end, and the cables fouled the fairing on the throttle side. First solution I found was 00-04 Fireblade clipons, but they need a little mod work to fit (they need a bit ground off, and they're pretty ugly- plus they lack the hole to mount the reservoir). So now i'm looking for some TL1000S ones, which I'm told have the same rise as the stock SV ones. This would work with any 50mm forks but I'm not sure what size yours are.

I also had problems with my Brembo m/c foulding the fairing on full left lock, this is also fixed with the Blade clipons and should be the same with the Tl ones.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
$200? You're having a laugh. The Blade ones were £10 the pair and fit the bill very well. Just want a hole tapped in the right hand riser for a reservoir bolt. I'm going to try the TL ones for mych the same price, and use whatever suits best, but the Blade ones are already good enough for a fraction the price.

You could contact practically any bike fabricator and have clipons made to your spec for less than that...

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Sure, he's blown a lot for a bad fit. But me, I've spent one fifteenth of the cost of the LSL bars to get a result I'm completely happy with. What a loser I am... I'm going to try the TL ones on the off chance they're better, because there's no cost- if they don't fit, I'll sell 'em again. The LSL ones are great, but are they 15 times better than the Blade ones? No chance. I can think of probably 20 things I'd rather spend that money on with the bike alone.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
SVS's come with cli-ons standard... Naked SVs come with bars.

P-low, TL1000S ones are different to R- they're taller, and solid like a carbed SV's clipons. Wee bit more angled too but I can't say as I've ever noticed

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You can also move hte entire fairing downwards by bending the brackets and removing the radiator mounting lugs. I wouldn't though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts