Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
You could get a gen2 throttle assembly - the cables route over the top, and for the clutch side relocate the fast idle - many sv race bikes are set up like this.

But a cleaner alternative would have been LSL 1" rise clipons. They are $200 but give the needed clearance, very nice quality, and are way more comfortable than the stock ones.

·
Registered
215 Posts
per your question about the SS lines - the banjo with the bend in should be on the bottom so it bends away from the top one. Don't sweat if you've got everything bled - its a minor issue.

·
Registered
215 Posts
TL clip-ons are 50mm and have close to the same rise as stock SV, but a steeper down angle. I got rid of my TLS clip-ons and replaced with the LSL. Then when i did my gsxr conv. i put the LSLs on from my TL on and life was much better. The money you spend fiddling around buying different clip-ons is a waste. Get the LSLs and be done w/ it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am laughing alright, cause i've gone that route aleady, and just trying to save someone time, whereas you're trying to save a buck/quid whatever. The main reason i went with the LSLs intially was comfort and clearance. I've also had Heli bars, but the quality isn't that great and didn't offer replaceable tubes. I attempted mounting woodcrafts on my TL unsuccessfully....and scratched my fairing doing the full lock test. man was i pissed.

So lets say he spent $150 on the woodcraft clip-ons, finds out they didn't work, plus time spent fiddling trying to get them to work. So now he's frustrated, got a set of new clipons that he's gonna have to take a hit on resale, when ya coulda shoulda got something that worked right the first time. Oh yeah and now his fairings scratched and he's pissed cause its the only one his bike, Fawwwkkna.....while your busy swapping bars, drilling/tapping holes....i'm out riding. I snap some photos of the LSLs for ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts