Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have Woodcraft clipons? I am having some clearance issues. How can I fix this?

Brake lever side (lever not installed). Did your SS lines look this way? They seem so messy compared to the stock ones.

Clutch lever side. I actually scratched my fairing testing from lock to lock.

Just wanted to show how it looks so far.

DID 520 chain with AFAM rear sprocket. Kawi ZX-10R rear shock.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You could get a gen2 throttle assembly - the cables route over the top, and for the clutch side relocate the fast idle - many sv race bikes are set up like this.

But a cleaner alternative would have been LSL 1" rise clipons. They are $200 but give the needed clearance, very nice quality, and are way more comfortable than the stock ones.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the woodcrafts on my '00 naked model and have a similar setup. When I put the track bodywork on, I have full lock clearance issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
per your question about the SS lines - the banjo with the bend in should be on the bottom so it bends away from the top one. Don't sweat if you've got everything bled - its a minor issue.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I'm running with stock K2 clipons on a K2/SRAD mashup front end, and the cables fouled the fairing on the throttle side. First solution I found was 00-04 Fireblade clipons, but they need a little mod work to fit (they need a bit ground off, and they're pretty ugly- plus they lack the hole to mount the reservoir). So now i'm looking for some TL1000S ones, which I'm told have the same rise as the stock SV ones. This would work with any 50mm forks but I'm not sure what size yours are.

I also had problems with my Brembo m/c foulding the fairing on full left lock, this is also fixed with the Blade clipons and should be the same with the Tl ones.

·
Registered
215 Posts
TL clip-ons are 50mm and have close to the same rise as stock SV, but a steeper down angle. I got rid of my TLS clip-ons and replaced with the LSL. Then when i did my gsxr conv. i put the LSLs on from my TL on and life was much better. The money you spend fiddling around buying different clip-ons is a waste. Get the LSLs and be done w/ it.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
$200? You're having a laugh. The Blade ones were £10 the pair and fit the bill very well. Just want a hole tapped in the right hand riser for a reservoir bolt. I'm going to try the TL ones for mych the same price, and use whatever suits best, but the Blade ones are already good enough for a fraction the price.

You could contact practically any bike fabricator and have clipons made to your spec for less than that...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am laughing alright, cause i've gone that route aleady, and just trying to save someone time, whereas you're trying to save a buck/quid whatever. The main reason i went with the LSLs intially was comfort and clearance. I've also had Heli bars, but the quality isn't that great and didn't offer replaceable tubes. I attempted mounting woodcrafts on my TL unsuccessfully....and scratched my fairing doing the full lock test. man was i pissed.

So lets say he spent $150 on the woodcraft clip-ons, finds out they didn't work, plus time spent fiddling trying to get them to work. So now he's frustrated, got a set of new clipons that he's gonna have to take a hit on resale, when ya coulda shoulda got something that worked right the first time. Oh yeah and now his fairings scratched and he's pissed cause its the only one his bike, Fawwwkkna.....while your busy swapping bars, drilling/tapping holes....i'm out riding. I snap some photos of the LSLs for ya.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Sure, he's blown a lot for a bad fit. But me, I've spent one fifteenth of the cost of the LSL bars to get a result I'm completely happy with. What a loser I am... I'm going to try the TL ones on the off chance they're better, because there's no cost- if they don't fit, I'll sell 'em again. The LSL ones are great, but are they 15 times better than the Blade ones? No chance. I can think of probably 20 things I'd rather spend that money on with the bike alone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hey guys, i know its an old thread but i just noticed something. i recently purchased some 98 gsxr 750 clipons for my gsxr 750 front end conversion and i ran across these threads trying to find clearance questions. read that TL1000r clipons give the stock height of an sv, so i went to ebay and did a lil search on em. heres what i found:

this is only right side but it has many pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-TL1000-TL1000R-Right-Clip-On-Handlebar_W0QQitemZ4594740072QQcategoryZ35587QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres my 98 gsxr 750 clipons
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4603613800&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

i know you cant see a good pic of my clipons, but im holdin them in my hands and they look exactly the same as the TL1000r clipons in everyway. onlything different i noticed is the way the barends attach. the tl1000r bars are hollo for the rubber holders and my 98 gsxr 750 clipons are solid with a tap for a barend screw. just fyi... i dont think TL clipons have a higher rise.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
SVS's come with cli-ons standard... Naked SVs come with bars.

P-low, TL1000S ones are different to R- they're taller, and solid like a carbed SV's clipons. Wee bit more angled too but I can't say as I've ever noticed

·
Registered
202 Posts
you could (a) get to cuttin like i did. or (b) buy the perfect SVS side fairings seen here which already have a 'professional' looking trim job. contact me via email for details:

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You can also move hte entire fairing downwards by bending the brackets and removing the radiator mounting lugs. I wouldn't though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts