Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, long time member, not really one to post much.
First I would like to say that I love this forum. Especially SVoTM pics... Hope that my bike gets there one day.

Anyways,
Changed the oil on my bike, tensioned the chain, and there's still a clicking noise at 6000 rpm's.

Anyone know what this may be due to? Been happening for a while now. above and below 6k rpm doesn't make the noise. Searched the forum and interwebs and haven't found anything? Anyone else encounter this?

Also, I'm not allowed to post on the "wanted" section since I don't have 25 posts yet but where other than ebay would be a good place to find some plastics. Thinking Belly Pan, Seat cowl, radiator side covers?

Thanks in advance.

Dat

2004 SV650N

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
How many miles are on the bike? Clicking, knocking, sounds at low speed, and especially under load is often due to a worn out chain. SV chains generally last 15 to 20k miles.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I chased a 6k rpm click for nearly a year on my 04. It finally went away when i got new exhaust gaskets. Not sure that was the issue all along or whatever it was got fixed in the process. Haven't heard it since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm.... well, I thought it might have been the chain so I tensioned it and clean/lubed it, but didn't think it would be worn. There is only about 10k miles on it.
As for the muffler change, I bought that closeout FMF deal for the full exhaust, so maybe, hopefully that will take care of the situation.

I still can't pinpoint it out.
Funny to note though, I repainted the plastics and heard a clinging sound IN the handlebar, turns out that was a nut in there :) But unfortunately, that wasn't the source of the 6k clicking noise.

Any other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts