Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** UPDATE ***

GO here... http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1498054&postcount=17

________________________________________________________________________________

So I prepping everyone a little early. I plan on riding on May 2nd. It'll be a nice long ride (read all day!). I don't have details nailed down, but I will the week before the ride. But I have so far:

Leave a Meet Up Spot at 9am (Latest) and this is to be determined (but will be somewhere off of I77). Head south east out of Cleveland. Most likely, head out on the the highway to south of Canton (route 800) to East Sparta around Atwood Lake and then more back roads. Have lunch in Steubenville and take a round about way back home.

Or nix that entirely and take route 800 or some similar roads down to Wheeling, have lunch there and then take route 250 back home (which is REALLY nice from Wheeling to Cadiz). Then some other semi-fun way home from Cadiz, as it's difficult to find awesome ways back.

Pace will be spirited, but not stupid. I run the towns at 5mph over, or at the speed limit if I know they are speed traps. The main roads with traffic, I'm usually 10mph over and then the good roads, I run a decent pace in which the road dictates (with a max of 70mph). I run the corners and putz on the straights for the group to catch up. I also wait at all the turns if we are seperated (which by waiting on the straights, rarely happens).

I will end up stopping at decent areas for breaks/pics/gas/etc... Expect at least 80 miles between stops.

Hope to see some of you that I haven't ridden with before...and some of those I have.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, if 01forfun posts up or we figure out a good date, he needs some work done on his bike (chain/sprockets and valve check). So there might be an inpromptu mini maintanence date before the ride.

I know I have a few items that I need to get done on my Uly before I leave on Sat (install new forks springs, refresh the cartridge forks, install new rotor, rebuild the calipers thanks to the stock dusty pads and wash it for the second time in its life.)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, if 01forfun posts up or we figure out a good date, he needs some work done on his bike (chain/sprockets and valve check). So there might be an inpromptu mini maintanence date before the ride.

I know I have a few items that I need to get done on my Uly before I leave on Sat (install new forks springs, refresh the cartridge forks, install new rotor, rebuild the calipers thanks to the stock dusty pads and wash it for the second time in its life.)
Unfortunately I'm not even sure I could get to a maintenance day. My gremlins are of an electrical nature.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would love to go but i have to work on Saturday. Schedule's already set. I get off around 2:30 but you'll be gone by then, I'm sure. If you wanna go that late, I'm all for it, but I don't expect you to.

Major bummer. Wish I would have known a little earlier :( Still working out a good time for the maintenence. We can do Fri eve or Sun. Doesn't matter to me. I'll let you know, wacky.

If you guys are going to do dinner or you think you'll be somewhere where I can meet up, I will do that. The best I can do is give you a ring when I get off work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like a good way to waste a day. I'm getting back from NC late Friday night, so I will be a game time decision depending on how late I get in.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, it's all figured out.

10am, meet at:

Speedway
2623 Cleveland Ave SW
Canton, OH 44707

(***EDIT*** Meet up spot chnaged from Shell to Speedway)

Ride will take us around Atwood lake to New Philly and down to Woodsfield. We will have some lunch at a nice little diner that a few of us have spent some time at. :nana: Some of the best food at a price that will knock your socks off. From there, 78E, to 7N (the boring part) to Wheeling, WV. After stop for gas and drinks, head up 250N, then we will cut off and head to Carrolton. From Carrolton, back to Delroy for a stop for a snack at an ice cream shack there. Then, back to route 800 and Canton. From there, everyone can head their seperate ways.

It's about 250 miles and 4.5 hours of drive time, without stops from the Speedway and then back to the Speedway.

Let's meet at the Speedway at 10am, with kickstands up at 10:30am at the latest. Leaving at 10:30 am will put us in Woodsfield around 12:30pm for lunch.

Any questions let me know. I do have my GPX track if anyone want's it (PM me).

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Okay, it's all figured out.

10am, meet at:

Canton South Shell
2612 Cleveland Ave SW
Canton, OH 44707

Ride will take us around Atwood lake to New Philly and down to Woodsfield. We will have some lunch at a nice little diner that a few of us have spent some time at. :nana: Some of the best food at a price that will knock your socks off. From there, 78E, to 7N (the boring part) to Wheeling, WV. After stop for gas and drinks, head up 250N, then we will cut off and head to Carrolton. From Carrolton, back to Delroy for a stop for a snack at an ice cream shack there. Then, back to route 800 and Canton. From there, everyone can head their seperate ways.

It's about 250 miles and 4.5 hours of drive time, without stops from the Shell and then back to the Shell.

Let's meet at the Shell at 10am, with kickstands up at 10:30am at the latest. Leaving at 10:30 am will put us in Woodsfield around 12:30pm for lunch.

Any questions let me know. I do have my GPX track if anyone want's it (PM me).
Sound good to me.

Wacky have you ridden rt.536? It sure looks real nice on the map.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sound good to me.

Wacky have you ridden rt.536? It sure looks real nice on the map.
Yes, 536 is fun, but it is dirty. Trying to stick to main roads, to minimize crappy roads this early in the season.

I looked to add more miles, but thought better of it. If it was just me, sure. This way it's a nice ride, not too many miles, and not too long. My first route I planned, was right around 500 miles. Too many for a group on one day. Plus it's only supposed to be 61F out. That would be a chilly morning ride, though I could always plug in the electrics.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yes, 536 is fun, but it is dirty. Trying to stick to main roads, to minimize crappy roads this early in the season.

I looked to add more miles, but thought better of it. If it was just me, sure. This way it's a nice ride, not too many miles, and not too long. My first route I planned, was right around 500 miles. Too many for a group on one day. Plus it's only supposed to be 61F out. That would be a chilly morning ride, though I could always plug in the electrics.
Just asking. Your leading, I was just curious. I think I have heard about it but can't recall. Whatever! Hopefully it is a little warmer than that but it will be what it is. I don't have heated gear and will have 72.6miles or 1.5 hours just to get to Canton according to Google maps. I've been itching to go south so better time than never.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts