Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since I got no responses I decided to tackle the job. The hardest part was getting the red lens off since it is completely factory welded to the housing but managed to get it off, than I installed the clear lens, hopefully tomorrow I will install it on the bike, I did test it and WOW! Is this thing bright compare to the clear alternatives I removed the clear lens from, will post results and video once all is installed:) Now waiting on my undertail;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that was my concern too as they looked red behind the red lens;D I must say that the clear alternative was just ok as far as being bright but when I hit the brake light I was a little worried about getting rear ended especially during the day, the stock taillight with brakelights on are blinding so I'm very happy with the results, also no worries about the LED's burning out and they all look even where the aftermarket had some LED's that were just slightly off.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Well, you have to "crack" the red lens from the black backing. The housing has a channel and the red lens is welded into it.

I have a smoked lens from a Clear Alternatives taillight on mine. The stock red LEDs on running are as bright as the CA leds on BRAKE.

Fly where did you get the clear lens from?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a smoked lens from a Clear Alternatives taillight on mine. The stock red LEDs on running are as bright as the CA leds on BRAKE.

I purchased a clear taillight from a SV member, yeah you need to crack it carefully to prevent possibly cracking the housing. And like you said Maviryk, it sure is bright.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I am going back to red in a few weeks with another stock taillight... but gonna have some dark tint film installed over it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, that will look good and still perform like it should. My only concern is how long the clear lens will last before it cracks! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
for those ones that are not up to par... I am wondering.. .are they the clear alternatives brand? ? ? or another?

The reason I ask is that mine seem to be pretty good quality.... and the running light is bright enough, and brake light is quite bright....

sure it may not be stock bright but it is as good as any

and it also is the light smoke version that I have...

here is just the running light with the signal on in day light.... with the brake applied it is a lot brighter

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Mine was a Clear Alternatives. Light smoke. I do drive my bike more than most people, and it sits outside a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Mine was a Clear Alternatives. Light smoke. I do drive my bike more than most people, and it sits outside a lot.

Weird.. guess I got lucky with the one the previous owner put on mine....

either that or because my bike is a dark color it has better contrast and makes it more visable....

who knows...

having the brake share a signal light is kind of cool... but I wouldn't have paid $100+ to do it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts